7 Feelings Juniors Have While Signing Up For Senior Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Is it really true that us juniors will be signing up for our first semester of senior year classes in just a few weeks, because it feels like we were just freshman yesterday. Who knew it was true when everyone said college flies by? There are so many feelings associated with almost being finished with college and here are a few of them:

1. Shock

This simply can’t be right. How is time to start thinking about senior year? I swear we were freshman year was yesterday. Can freshman year be yesterday or better yet can I be a freshman?

1. Denial

I can sign up for classes but I am not graduating next year it is not happening. I am going to turn being a college student to a career, watch me. It is a lifestyle.

1. Sadness

The sadness of impending graduation and the best years of our lives being over hits us all at once. Ben and Jerry’s and chocolate, please?

1. Acceptence

Although the thought of graduating is actually the worst, it is part of life and senior year is about preparing for the rest of your life, which can be exciting. The world is your oyster collegiettes!

1. Stress

Going through the course catalogue is overwhelming, especially senior year because everyone wants the easiest schedule possible. Is senioritis still a thing?

1. Happiness

Picking out classes in now fun senior year because you most likely are done with the core, good riddance. Now you can finally focus on the classes with the subject you are most passionate about.

1. Excitement

Now four schedule options have been made and we can finally start getting excited for next year. Senior year is going to be the best year yet and we can’t wait to see what our final year has in store for us. 

English major with a concentration in journalism
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.