This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and it should be every collegiette’s favorite holiday: you can eat as much food as you want without regret because you’re simply being thankful and feeling #blessed. Having the same thing for dinner and dessert every Thanksgiving can be a little repetitive, so here is a list of seven amazing Thanksgiving desserts every collegiette can try this year.

1. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Ginger CupcakesCupcakes have become increasingly popular in recent years and I can’t say I hate it. Pumpkin pie is a staple in every Thanksgiving dessert table, but with this recipe you can switch it up a little and still have the delicious pumpkin flavor everyone loves. Better yet, these cupcakes are gluten-free and topped with creamy frosting, followed by a caramel drizzle.Total time: 2 hoursServings: 16 cupcakes

2. Pear Crisp With Vanilla Ice CreamMove over apple crisp and apple pie, there’s a new dessert in town. This recipe provides a yummy alternative to apple crisp using pears instead of apples and adding vanilla ice cream. Two desserts in one? Yes, please.Total time: 55 minutesServings: 4

3. Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo PieThis amazing recipe is on Her Campus Fairfield’s Pinterest board! If a Salted Caramel Mocha is your go-to drink at Starbucks, then this pie is perfect for you. Whoever thought of combining dark chocolate, salted caramel, and Oreos into one dessert is my new hero.Total time: 1 hour 30 minutesServings: 8-12 pieces

4. Bite Size Apple PiesIt’s scientifically proven that when desserts are made bite-size, they are 99% more delicious. Okay, so maybe not scientifically proven, but definitely still true! This recipe for apple pie roll-ups is a perfect alternative to the traditional Thanksgiving apple pie. And they are so tiny that you can eat as many as you want without feeling bad.Total time: 20 minutesServings: 8

5. Cinnamon Bun Pecan PieThis mouth-watering pie is made from cinnamon rolls thinly sliced and pressed together, filled with gooey cinnamon and pecans, then topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting, which means it’s kind of like eating two pies at once. Sign me up! The recipe can be found here.Total time: 1 hourServings: 8-12 pieces

6. Orange Cranberry Loaf CakeIf a dessert has oranges and cranberries in it, then it has to be good for you, right? This recipe calls for fresh cranberries and the zest of one orange, packing it full of sweet, tangy flavor, topped with a sweet icing. Because cranberries are in season from late September to late November, this loaf cake is the perfect addition to every Thanksgiving dessert table.Total time: 1 hour 10 minutesServings: 1 loaf

7. Turkey CupcakesAs I mentioned before, cupcakes have become more and more popular lately and I’m obsessed with them. This simple recipe calls for chocolate-frosted chocolate cupcakes, decorated with sprinkles and candy corn to create the appearance of a turkey. These little guys act as a dessert and a decoration and are so freakin’ adorable I would almost feel bad eating them. Almost.Total time: 30 minutesServings: 24 cupcakes 

There you have it, collegiettes, seven amazing Thanksgiving dessert recipes that you can try at home this year. Remember, calories don’t count on Thanksgiving!

Follow Shana on Twitter!

Shana is currently a senior at Fairfield University where she majors in English with a Journalism concentration and minors in Marketing and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.       
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!