The 7 Biggest Lies Pinterest Tells You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It happens to the best of us: one second you’re logging into Pinterest with the intention of only taking a five minute study break (yeah, right), and before you know it, it’s been five hours and your roommates are wondering what you’ve been doing all day. While the site can definitely be addicting, scrolling through boards on boards can also lead to some pretty misleading information. For example, Pinterest can make you think:

You can take clothing items you already have in your wardrobe and turn them into something super ~trendy~. Some absurdly gifted people can actually pull this off, but for most of us it just ends up looking like we got into a fight with a pair of scissors and the scissors won.

You can skip right through culinary school because youre obviously already qualified to be a chef. No matter how hard you try to follow the directions step-by-step, your meal is never going to turn out how it looks in the picture. Lets be honest, you’re probably going to end up ordering pizza for dinner that night. No shame, girl.

Exercising and eating healthy is so much funyoull look just like the fitspo models in no time. Yeah, I can think of a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels.

Styling your hair is so easy, you can do it at home! I’m almost twenty-one years old and I can’t braid or curl my hair for my life, and I know I’m not the only one out there.

Not only do you have the same skills as a hair stylist and a chef, you can also do your own makeup like a professional. From smoky eyes to DIY nail art, applying makeup is a lot harder than they make it seem in the pictures.

DIY crafts are easy and yours will look great. There are millions of pins showing cute DIY craft ideas for every occasion. Your best friend’s birthday is coming up? There’s something for that. Mother’s Day is next week? Something for that, too. Need some seasonal decorations for your house? You better bet they have something for that. Good luck making yours look like theirs, though.

The perfect wedding is attainable. Even if she denies it, every girl out there has a ~dream wedding~ Pinterest board. It’s filled with shower decorations, invitation ideas, and super crafty centerpieces. A girl can dream.

Follow Shana on Twitter!

Shana is currently a senior at Fairfield University where she majors in English with a Journalism concentration and minors in Marketing and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.       
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.