Why Your Vote Matters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Your Vote Matters

The 2014 Election Day is Tuesday, November 4th.

Running this year for Pennsylvania Governor are candidates Tom Corbett (R) and Tom Wolf (D). Key issues involve finances for education, environmental action, healthcare, tax increases, and several other social issues.

A big decision awaits you at the poll booth. You may ask yourself if it’s really necessary to make the trip and check off a few boxes. The answer is YES! You should make the effort to vote for what you believe in. Far too few college students vote in the local elections. They figure that the decisions don’t really touch their lives on campus and that they are only here a few years anyway to feel the impact. The truth is: local races really do impact your life here at F&M. They affect issues about how your tax money is spent, minimum wage, and how our neighborhoods look. Just your vote could affect the quality of life for our F&M community.

You are a part of the F&M community. But don’t forget you’re also a Lancaster resident. Your vote matters. It determines the future for all of us.

For more information about voting visit the F&M Votes homepage at: http:// www.fandm.edu/about/committee-bucket/votes.

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.