This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

With a blink of an eye, the semester is already more than halfway over. Now that Spring Break has ended and there are only five more weeks of school left, it’s time to start thinking about those summer plans. Building your resume is an important part of starting your career. Most importantly, take advantage of your summer break by obtaining opportunities such as jobs and internships. This post will be your guide to starting the journey to your career. Every job and internship opportunity begins with an interview. Creating a professional wardrobe for a working gal could be a challenge, but that’s why I’m here to show you three different ways that you can start building your closet to become the superwoman that you are and ace that interview. 

Style 1:

You can never go wrong with the simple look of a button up and a pencil skirt. Pair off a chiffon button up or blouse with a pencil skirt for an effortless and classic look. Pair off this look with a cute pair of kitten heels or flats depending on your style. Who said that dressing up for an interview has to be boring? If you are applying for a position in a creative field, you can opt for a more colorful shirt with prints or a colorful pair of shoes.

Style 2:

Feeling daring? Opt for a dress with a low scoop neckline. When it doubt look for a dress with sleeves, even if it’s not long sleeves. Pair off your dress with a cute belt like the one shown in the picture above. When wearing a dress, try to look for a simple yet elegant dress and accessorize. Employees want to know who you are as a person so take that opportunity to dress for success. Finally, pair off your outfit with a pair of cute kitten heels. 

Style 3:

When in doubt, a nice button-up or blouse paired with professional pants are the way to go. Pair off your look with a statement necklace or nice purses to show off your confidence. Adding heels or flats to your outfit will surely impress your boss.

Good luck on your journey!

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.