F&M Players Present: Into the Woods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

INTO THE WOODS presented by F&M PLAYERS

The musical “Into the Woods” was performed at F&M this past weekend. Shows ran from Thursday to Saturday at 7 p.m. and a matinee on Saturday at 1 p.m. Opening night was a fantastic showing. As the curtains open, you see that the set is carefully sculpted into a bookshelf with mobile compartments. Rapunzel’s tower and willow trees overshadow the stage. With the pit orchestra playing the tunes to the show and the technical crew working behind the scenes, the show ran flawlessly. Of course to have a flawless show, there must be a flawless cast.

The plotline revolves around several Brothers Grimm Fairytales like Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack & the Beanstalk, and the Baker & His Wife. By blending the storylines, the musical brings a twist to our familiar favorites. The story follows each character pursuing their most desirable wish; to have a child, to go to the ball, to get to grandmothers house, and to make the money, etc. As they bump into each other in the woods, they find that their ultimate “happily ever-after” entails more than they bargained for. Act I is light-hearted with dreams seemingly coming true, while the second act brings death and destruction. By the end, all of the characters learn that what they think will make them happy won’t always be the reality and that their fate isn’t written in stone.

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.