Finals Playlist–Fall 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Finals Playlist:

It’s time for finals and what better way to get through it then with music. Grab your books and your headphones; it’s time to study!

1. Jealous by Labrinth

It’s the end of semester, sit down and reflect on the good times and the bad times with Jealous. While you might be expecting something like Nick Jonas’ upbeat and fun Jealous tune, this is far from that. This tune will help you relax and get into study mode.

2. Act My Age by One Direction

A lot of people hate on One Direction but give this song a chance during finals. It’s a good feel good pub song to think about life after finals. So blast this in your headphones, no one has to know!

3. Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony

This upbeat song is great when you need to just take a mental break! So turn it up and wiggle in your seat for a minute!

4. Take Me To Church by Hozier

Not going to lie, I’ve been enjoying Hozier’s sound. This is upbeat enough to keep you awake, but calm enough to keep you focused.

5. Hideaway by Kieza

This song has been around for a while, but it never gets old. Kieza’s song just puts you right mood.

6. No Flex Zone by Karmin ft. Watsky

So we’ve all heard of Karmin, but if you haven’t listen to Watsky’s rapping, here is your chance. Get in the zone and listen to Karmin and Watsky spit some fresh verses to inspire you to get to work.

7. Let Your Hair Down by Magic!

Magic!’s Rude has been overplayed, listen to this slow relaxing jam to keep you motivated!

8. Lips Are Movin’ by Meghan Trainor

So I still get down to All About the Bass, but Lips are Movin’ is just as fun and sassy as her first single. Just make sure you don’t get to into the song and end up making hand motions in the library!

9. Wrapped Up by Olly Murs

Olly’s soulful voice will get help you get that paper done!

10. Come Under The Covers by Walk the Moon

Walk the Moon just came out with a superb new album featuring one of my favorites, “Shut up and dance.” Shut up and dance is a bit too fun for studying, so play Come Under the Covers instead.

11. Style by Taylor Swift

Who hasn’t been listening to T-Swift lately? You’ve heard Shake it Off and Blank Space, but pop on Style for a change of pace.

12. Like I Can by Sam Smith

Sam Smith has a great album to study to! But go for Like I Can to add a little bit of sass to your tracks.

13. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars is back with this new track that will have you motivated to get your work done. It sounds like an old throwback, but it has a nice groove that will make you feel like you’re not listening to your parents music.

14. Help Me Lose My Mind by Disclosure feat. London Grammar

Losing your mind over finals? Listen to this Disclosure collaboration to sooth your mind.

15. High Hopes by Kodaline

Back in September, you swore you wouldn’t procrastinate on your papers. We all had those “high hopes,” so listen to this slow track by Kodaline to remember that sometimes our hopes get the best off us as you slowly get through that paper.

16.  Nasty by Pixie Lott

This song is fun! It will wake up your brain after the last couple slow songs!

17.  1996 by Ella Henderson

Everyone should be listening to Ella! This X Factor UK star just released a fabulous album and 1996 will remind you of your childhood, like those good times when you watched Lizzie McGuire with your bestie.

18. Tough Love by Jessie Ware

Tough love? Getting through that paper! Listen to Jessie Ware’s great soft voice to help.

19. I Will Always Love You by Ben Haenow

I’ve never been opposed to covers, so add current X Factor UK semi-finalist Ben Haenow to the list. His sultry rocky voice will help you forget why you were so stressed about finals to begin with.

20.  I Will Never Let You Down by Rita Ora

This was my go to summer jam, but it still works to pick up my mood when I feel like I just cannot get through finals. Blast it up loud and just de-stress a bit!

Check out the playlist here on Spotify and look for more tunes to be added:

Fall Finals 2014

I am currently a senior at Franklin and Marshall College in the picturesque city of Lancaster, PA. I am a Spanish and History major and I'm excited to be a writer for HerCampus F&M. I love finding new and interesting ways to design nails and always share it with others. I also love all things of adventurous and exotic natures, stories, art, and cute boys (let's not forget what we really are checking on HerCampus).
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.