4 Pinterest Dorm Room Ideas to Start Your First-Year of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Welcome to Franklin & Marshall College first-year students, and welcome back to all of our returning classmates! Another year of college means that it is another year to reinvent your dorm room. Are you looking for some ideas on how you can decorate your room? Whether you are living on-campus or off-campus, keep reading for four Pinterest dorm room ideas!

4 Pinterest Dorm Room Ideas to Start Your First-Year of College

1. Tapestries

Tapestries are the perfect statement piece for any dorm room decor. Not only is it stylish, but it is also great to serve as a backdrop for any camera-ready moment. You can find many different affordable tapestries on Amazon or Etsy.

2. Flowers

Floral decors are always in style! These beautiful pieces could be used to decorate your room from serving as a centerpiece for your desk or as decor for your wall like in the photo above! Flowers are simple and elegant decor pieces to transform any dull room into a cozy room during your school year. If you are decorating your room with a simple color scheme, adding flowers can be the pop of color that brightens up your room.

3. Photo Collage

Photographs are timeless dorm decor ideas to make any room feel just like home. There are various ways that you can incorporate photos into your room. For example, you can create a collage on a canvas board to hang in your room or simply hang them on craft strings across your room. My personal favorite is to stick them to the walls for a simple photo collage. Photos are the perfect way to bring something from home to your college dorm. Not only will you have memories from life before college, but you can also add photos as you advance throughout your college career!

4. Fairy Lights

Last but not least, who can resist using fairy lights to decorate their room!? One of the most popular Pinterest dorm room ideas, fairy lights are perfect statement pieces to light up your room. These simple and versatile pieces are easy to incorporate into your dorm room decor.

Now that you have seen the top four popular Pinterest dorm room ideas, how are you planning to decorate your room? Tell us your favorite ways to decorate your dorm room.

*All images courtesy of Pinterest.com

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.