Triumph’s Magic Wire Bra

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The discomfort of bras is an all too familiar experience for us ladies. Rubbing, redness and side-stabbing underwires is a sacrifice we all have to put up with, right?

This may be a pain of the past thanks to an innovative small adjustment Triumph have made to our conventional everyday bras.

Wearing is Believing

Kindly invited to attend their ‘Magic Wire’ launch event, I was introduced to the idea behind this lingerie development.  For over 128 years the company has been at the forefront of innovation in the industry. Being the first brand to introduce bra straps with stretch, the first to work with Lycra, and the first to show lingerie collections alone on the catwalk.

Very in touch and aware of their customer, Triumph regularly make contact with thousands of ladies just like us in order to develop the products in the best possible way. Recently involving their customers in a #nigglefix campaign they seek to find solutions to everyday issues we consistently experience.

Sharing such ideas and being open to opinions and problems, it was clear that the most common lingerie niggle was uncomfortable bras. Fiddling and rearranging about sound familiar? Comfort and support are the two most sought after assets we look for in a bra, but like a vast majority I often find myself in a position where I have to choose one or the other. This often depending on whether I need a bit of lift while feeling good, or all I want is comfort on those lazy ‘au naturel’ days.

As with most women one develops a range of bras that either make you look and feel great but are quite the compromise on comfort. Or vice versa, the unattractive ‘sturdy and sensible’ that you can’t help but associate with women over 30 years your senior.

Constructed from silicon the magic wire is flexible and pliable, but also provides the support needed. With additional support underneath the armhole there is a distributed structure through the bra, providing a comfortable reinforcement. Contained within the cup itself the silicon piece allows the bra to feel smooth and soft on the skin.

Having one of Triumph’s expert fitting team sort out my correct size, I was able to test out and experience how successful the product really proved to be. I have to say the bra was significantly lighter and softer than standard. Also surprised at how body friendly the form was, seamless and invisible under a t-shirt.

Going up to an F cup these are perfect comfort bras for most shapes and sizes. With common pressure points that would previously been the victims of discomfort, the Magic Wire’s shape and clever structure distributes the weight more evenly. Providing enough support but without needing to be a heavyweight or bulky contraption. The pretty designs available make a difference too, and there is a greater variety of colour and styles to stem from this I’m sure.

Still not something to wear to run and jump about in, but support enough for everyday wear and relaxed nights in, feeling comfy but not frumpy. Eliminating the need to make a choice between comfort and style this bra innovation provides an appealing future to the contents of my underwear draw.

Products are available in Triumph retail stores, John Lewis, House of Fraser and selected independent retailers and online at http://uk.triumph.com/magic-wire/1122000,en_GB,sc.html. Be sure to show your student card to get a discount too!

Photo Credits:

http://nigglefix.triumph.com/images/home-main.jpg

Completed school with A level qualifications in Art and Design, Information and Communication Technology and Economics. I recently completed a year long Foundation Diploma at Central Saint Martins College (University of the Arts London). After which I attended the Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design to study on the Vogue Certificate Course. Graduating from the Vogue Certificate Course, I am now spending time gaining as much work experience possible. This coming year I start a degree in Management and Marketing at the University of Exeter.