Top 6 Ways to Celebrate End of Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With many people’s exam seasons drawing to a close, freedom is on everyone’s minds. Here at HCX we’ve got a couple of suggestions (not that you’ll need any!)…

1.Big Night Out

The most popular student choice by far. For the most of us, the last few weeks have been pretty Arena-less and we’re getting withdrawal symptoms (unless, of course you’ve been a bad student!) How better to celebrate your new found freedom than getting tipsy and dancing to ‘Baywatch’? No more assignments so it’s totally guilt-free and you’ve (hopefully) got a whole pile of unspent alcohol money that needs using up. 

[pagebreak]

2.Trip to the Beach

Finding yourself with so much time on your hands during the day? Grab your housemates, a disposable BBQ, some beers and head to Exmouth for the day. Obviously, this is pretty weather dependant but you can’t complain about the sunshine we’ve been having recently, can you? You could even make it into a camp out. Sleeping under the stars is something you have to try at least once! Just be sure to check beach regulations, we don’t want to be held responsible for anyone getting in trouble! 

[pagebreak]

3. Pub Lunch/Learn to Cook

Classic student Sunday but now you can do it whenever. Chill outside with a pitcher of Pimm’s in The Impy garden? Curly fries and an ice cold cider in the Ram garden? Classic Burger and some local ale at Firehouse? Or why not treat yourself to a slap-up meal at home? The end of exams is surely the time to justify buying something that isn’t in the Tesco Value range. Dig out that ‘Student Cook Book’ your Mum bought you and actually OPEN IT *gasp*, I’m sure you’ll find a recipe that looks appealing and, who knows, you might even find a new talent! 

[pagebreak]

4. TV Catch-up

All those evenings in the library has probably left you weeks behind your favourite shows so now is the perfect time to snuggle in bed and watch them all guilt-free! How I Met Your Mother, House, New Girl, Game of Thrones and Made In Chelsea have all racked up hours of watching time. There’s also been a host of new shows emerge since we’ve all been cooped up revising (funny how that always happens!) which I’m sure will keep your evenings entertaining.

[pagebreak]

5. Plan Your Summer

Yes! Summer is just around the corner and we have 3 months of freedom. However, those 3 months can stretch so now is the time to make sure your break is packed with stuff to keep you occupied. If you haven’t been lured into Beach Break Live or just simply can’t afford a festival, why not volunteer? There are a ton of organisations desperate for willing volunteers and your hard work will even be paid with a free ticket! Sometimes they even throw in some free food and drink! If you’re not eager to rock a hi-vis jacket why not look into travelling? You can buy inter-railing passes for as little as £43 and get last minute flights to many places in Europe from £10! Or why not stay a bit closer to home, grab some flatmates and go on a camping trip? Newquay is just over an hour and a half away by car and boasts some gorgeous beaches as well as a decent nightlife. Just make sure it’s a summer to remember!

[pagebreak]

6. Sleep

If you’re anything like me, you’ve had a ton of late nights mixed with energy drinks, coffee and whatever the Forum Marketplace had to offer. It’s now time to get your sleeping pattern back on track with some well-needed shut eye and if that lasts until 3pm, no one’s going to get you down for it. Result!

Photocredits: E4; BBC; Weatherspoons

Hello! I'm Jess, avid writer, full of grand travel plans and slightly addicted to chai. As well as writing for HerCampus (and singing loudly in the shower) I run my own blog at www.mismatchedknitwear.com where I talk about my day-to-day life, post lots of filtered photographs and talk about food a lot. Somehow this got me into the finals of the Cosmo Blog Awards 2013. I don't know either...