This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Name: Tarik James Kenan

Year: 2

Degree: LLB Law

Relationship status: in a relationship

What activities are you involved with on campus? I’m involved with the Bracton Law Society and EELS.

What is your most memorable moment at Exeter? I was meeting a girl on a first kinda date and we had planned to go to the cinema. I got there early and she texted me saying she was running late. So I thought that was the ideal opportunity to sneak a little KFC mini fillet in before she got there. So I ended up getting a fully loaded meal and whilst I was halfway through eating the burger a car turned up in front of me and inside was the girl and all her housemates. I was hoping that first impressions don’t last.

What qualities do you look for in a girl? Obviously she has to cover the basics first: good looking, dresses well, and that I have a good time with her. I think I need a girl who knows how to put me in my place to be honest (whilst of course letting me have my manly moments). Also, she needs to make me laugh and be a person that I can trust.

What turns you off in a girl? Greasy hair and bad breath… But seriously it turns me off when a girl is too jealous and full on. I like to be able to have a good time with a girl and not have to worry too much about her insecurities.

Who inspires you the most? There are two people that really inspire me and they are both my mum and my dad but for very different reasons. My dad is one of the most hard working people I know and my mum is one of those people that always does the “right thing” and doesn’t have a bad bone in her body. I feel very lucky to have them as my role models.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time? Hopefully at that point I will be a qualified commercial property lawyer enjoying my career and making good money from it as well. I also want to set enough money aside to go travelling, as I didn’t have a gap year and am keen to do so. I really want to explore the Far East, Australia and North America so in five years’ time I may be somewhere a lot more interesting (and warmer) than England.

Confession: I used to love Nutella and refused to have anything else in my sandwiches when I was at school. I adored it so much that one Xmas I actually had chocolate spread sandwiches instead of turkey!

Photographer: Steph Schlachter

Georgie Hazell is a final year Anthropology and International Politics student at the University of Exeter, UK. Georgie became involved with Her Campus during her semester studying abroad at the College of William & Mary, along with Rocket (the campus fashion magazine), Trendspotters (the campus fashion TV show) and Tri Delta sorority. She hopes to pursue a career in media or marketing in the future. Georgie has a passion for travel and experiencing new cultures, and spent five months travelling the world on her Gap Year.