This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With a round up of the Fall/Winter 2015 fashion weeks we can finally catch our breath and prepare for our wardrobes for the end of this year. An exciting finale in Paris gave us a great conclusion of trends and innovative looks to anticipate following summer.

Dior

The classic sophistication of Raf Simons was ever present in Dior’s Show: An abstracted camouflage theme, a modern twist on the perhaps overused animal print look. With a rebirth in interest of abstract art, such as Matisse’s cut out exhibits last year. The look remains tactile with contrasting materials and fabric textures. The patent leg long boots in intense pop colours offset the look and bring an element of rebellion to a tailored look. This asymmetric tribal look could be taken by layering monochrome with bright pop colours; potentially with different textures where possible to accentuate the contrast.

[pagebreak]

Kenzo

As ever Kenzo has championed its busy prints and tribal influence. For Paris it was heavy outer-layers hiding loosely fitted silhouettes.

A nouveau military look was depicted, under layers revealed flashes of colour whilst a protective light shell masks the shape of the human silhouette. Good news for us Exeter girls, come fall showers prepare to hide away from the elements in an oversized outer garment!

[pagebreak]

Céline  

A neutral bliss, Céline once again brings us a crisp and light winter collection. The oversized silhouettes and soft fabrics give the looks a comforting appeal. The great thing about these pieces is that as an investment they can extend into the transition seasons with ease. The unpredictability’s of spring will still be sorted with these large but light styles. The pieces are a great way to keep winter heavy looks soft and feminine. We can see the street influence here with the returning high necks and continuation of the sports shoe on the runway. Many of the pieces look versatile and are suitable for dressing up or down. Keep an eye out on the high street for similar pieces that are likely to follow this fw15 show.

[pagebreak]

Saint Laurent

A whole different vibe came from Saint Laurent. It’s time to channel a rebellious youth culture to your look this winter. The show certainly pumped adrenaline, full skirts and heavy eyes. Subtlety was definitely not part of the collection. Don’t be afraid to be charged and adolescent. Keep the palette simple and metallic, though spare no drama!

To round up the fashion weeks, Paris certainly gave us some great trends to keep an eye on for the next winter season!

Completed school with A level qualifications in Art and Design, Information and Communication Technology and Economics. I recently completed a year long Foundation Diploma at Central Saint Martins College (University of the Arts London). After which I attended the Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design to study on the Vogue Certificate Course. Graduating from the Vogue Certificate Course, I am now spending time gaining as much work experience possible. This coming year I start a degree in Management and Marketing at the University of Exeter.