Meet A.V.W Bags: The ‘it’ bag for SS15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

HCX thought we’d better let you in on our new fashion secret, AVW Bags.

AVW Bags is (unsurprisingly) a handbag company founded by Ami. She creates beautiful bags from the comfort of her own home, which are not only gorgeous and affordable but they are 100% unique. That’s right girls, you get to design these bags entirely yourselves!

You pick the style, the leather, the lining and the accessories, so each bag is made just for you, or for the lucky recipient. Ami has a wide range of styles and materials to choose from, and you can pick different materials for the outside and the lining too. You can choose a simple yet chic clutch bag or a large practical and oh so stylish handbag to transport those books onto campus.

We spoke to Ami to find out a little bit more about AVW Bags and how she had come up with such a brilliant idea, here is what she had to say;

“As we all know ladies love handbags and I couldn’t have thought of anything better to create than our biggest obsession. But there was something missing in my new idea and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until my wonderful fiancé bought be a sewing machine for my birthday to get my new handbag business going. As I sat down one evening to make my first ever handbag, which is “The A.V.W Bag“, I grabbed the navy faux leather and black lining to start cutting out the shape when I realised that I didn’t want my bag to just have a simple black lining: I wanted something different, something that was more me, something that would make me want to just open my bag to take a peek inside. So I found an old shirt that I didn’t wear and used that instead! I was so happy when my first clutch bag came out perfectly and the start of my new brand had come alive. 

HCX love the idea of being able to create a personal bag. A few members past and present have already ordered a few and are in love with them! The ‘Secret Keeper’ Bag is one of our favourites.  It’s the perfect size for a night out, a beautiful orange-brown colour made of the softest faux leather. The bag screams luxury and yet is so affordable. Not only are AVW Bags a great little pick me up that won’t break the bank but they make wonderfully thoughtful presents too.

Ami believes her company offers something different “where handbags are made with love, carefully thought out and created for an individual’s personal style. Being able to pick a design, faux leather, lining and accessories and having a bag made just for you or as a gift makes the whole experience of buying a new bag more personal and having a say in what you want!”

Currently AVW Bags is only on Facebook but Ami is looking to create a website at some point in the coming year. Take a look at her creations here https://www.facebook.com/AVWBags?fref=ts and why not like them too? Ami sometimes offers discount prices too so keep an eye out!