This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week’s style guide is none other than jet-setter and english student Jessica Doyle. Currently on her year abroad, Jess proves that you can carry that Exeter style with you no matter where in the world you are

It’s that time of year when the sun is starting to peak through the clouds and you’re getting those summer vibes. You can’t wait to ditch the jumpers and dig out those dresses and skirts from the back of your wardrobe. However sometimes the weather has other ideas. While it may look sunny, being England, there is still a definite chill to the air. Thankfully Jess shows us how to perfectly pull off a skirt even in this British weather. 

Patterened skirts are all the rage at the minute, and Jess’ galaxy inspired skirt is out of this world (pardon the pun). We can’t get enough of the pairing of this eye catching skirt with a simple grey top and sassy black velevet cardigan. Jess makes the most of layers, using them not only to keep her warm but also to accentuate her outfit, and we adore her cute shoulder bag which adds a ‘studious’ edge to her outfit. Her chunky ankle boots give a kick ass finish to the look, adding contrast to Jess’ shape defining skirt and top. 

This summer it’s all about making a statement, and Jess shows us that contrasting patterns and colours are the way forward; sure to make you a fashion icon (or should we say star?)                       

Outfit: 

Top: Topshop

Cardigan: Urban Outfitters

Skirt: ASOS 

Boots: Ugg

Bethany is a third year english student studying at Exeter University and is the Fashion and Beauty Editor for Exeter's chapter of Her Campus. In between shopping for the latest trends and reading the latest celebrity gossip and fashion news, she enjoys working out and improving on her fitness. Bethany is also a keen photographer, often seen snapping photos of the night sky and friends. She dreams of travelling the world and discovering its couture, food and sites, and ultimately becoming a successful writer.