freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HCX Campus Cutie: Alex Hooper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Name: Alex Hooper 

Year: 3rd Year 

Degree: Geography and French 

Relationship Status: Taken  

This week at Her Campus Exeter we were lucky enough to catch up with entrepreneur and culinary enthusiast, Alex Hooper. Creator of the fabulous and scrumptious Uni-Grub, Alex has a flare for business and a suave and sophisticated taste to perfectly match. A romantic who loves cocktails, clubbing and a bit of cheekiness, Alex proves to us why it’s not just those blue eyes that has the ladies weak at the knees.

He may be taken but surely that doesn’t mean we can’t swoon from afar?       

So what is it that you look for in a woman then Alex? 

In terms of looks I love someone who stands out in some way and has a certain wow factor about them that makes them really beautiful. Though admittedly I’m a sucker for a brunette with dark eyes. Personality wise though, I like girls who are really driven and kind hearted and are happy with who they are. I think it’s really important for a girl to be true to who she is and not try to be someone that she isn’t. I also like a girl who can be a bit cheeky! 

Ooo good to know! And what about turn offs? Is there anything that puts you off a girl? 

Personally I’m not a big fan of girls that smoke, I think it’s because when I was younger I lived in France for a bit and ever since I haven’t been able to stand the smell of the smoke. Another turn off is rudeness, I can’t stand it when a person is rude or when they’re nasty to other people, it’s just massively unattractive. 

Noted. So what would your ideal date be? 

Well it has to involve food and somewhere nice to eat. I like taking a girl to a nice classy restaurant and getting dressed up with cocktails and things like that. I like to think of myself as being a gentleman and I love treating a girl to a lovely meal out. 

That definitely sounds like a date that we would enjoy. Speaking of dates what is the best date you’ve ever been on? 

It would have to be when I went to Carluccio’s in Exeter. We had steak and it was fantastic. It was the best meal I’ve ever had and the date was amazing as well. I didn’t tell her where we were going so it was a surprise date and we were all dressed up and everything so it was really nice. 

Can’t go wrong with some steak and cocktails on a date. it sounds like you’re very romantic all the time, but what do you reckon is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done? 

To be honest, with me, it’s more about the little things. I like surprising a girl with treats, like just randomly buying her things I know that she likes. There was this one time for example, with the girl I’m dating, that I knew she was having a tough time, so I bought her a big red rose to cheer her up. 

Awww that’s so romantic and sweet. We’re very jealous! Now I’m sure lots of girls will be wanting to meet you after hearing that, so where’s the best place we can find you? 

Unit 1 Monday’s for sure. I’m often there on nights out. 

That’s great news because we’re often there ourselves. But when you’re not out dancing at Unit 1, what do you like to do in your spare time?

At the minute I’m currently working a lot on my own business that I created over the summer. It’s called Uni-Grub and it’s for students to help them with cooking tasty but affordable food. It launched about a week ago and it’s already had thousands of hits which is awesome and I’m really excited about expanding the business. 

Wow that sounds amazing, we’re very impressed. I bet your friends are too. Talking about your friends, how do you think they would describe you? 

I think they’d say I was quite funny, but they’d probably say they laugh more at me than with me. But I think that’s a good thing because it means I’m quite good at diffusing situations if they get too heated. My friends would also probably say I’m quite confident and outgoing and that I’m good fun and know how to have a laugh. 

That’s good, a sense of humour is definitely always key. Now we know that sadly you are already taken but where would you recommend as the best place in Exeter to go if you’re looking to meet someone? 

Hmmm I’d probably say lectures or seminars actually, or even at a house party. Just anywhere that you can really talk to someone. I think it’s quite difficult to meet people on a night out because it’s hard to talk to them, but in a seminar or at a house party you can have a proper chat and get to know them

Good advice! I think I’ll ask you for one more snippet of wisdom before you go; what would your advice be to those who are single and looking for love? 

Don’t look for it, it will come to you. I think if you try too hard it just won’t happen. You have to relax and enjoy yourself and you’ll meet someone before you know it. Enjoy life and don’t worry and it will just happen. 

So there you have it ladies, there is still hope for all us singletons. We’re just hoping he has a friend…

Bethany is a third year english student studying at Exeter University and is the Fashion and Beauty Editor for Exeter's chapter of Her Campus. In between shopping for the latest trends and reading the latest celebrity gossip and fashion news, she enjoys working out and improving on her fitness. Bethany is also a keen photographer, often seen snapping photos of the night sky and friends. She dreams of travelling the world and discovering its couture, food and sites, and ultimately becoming a successful writer.