lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dealing with a Long Distance Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Summer is long gone. If you’re lucky like me and actually managed to gain a love interest amidst those sunny rays (or that lovely English cold front) then you may be wondering whether you can actually maintain this relationship during term time. People keep telling you “that’s going to be hard” and despite this, you know deep down you’re perfectly capable. You have FaceTime after all! But more than the social networking with your significant other, I think there’s something more important that can enable anyone to conquer a long distance relationship- the mere fact that someone out there is probably thinking about you more than you are thinking about yourself. It’s so hard when you see couples around campus or town, blinded by their love (excuse the cringe) and I really have found myself wanting to shout ‘GET A ROOM’ far too often. But then when I’ve calmed down a little (and started following a bunch of single people) I smile again because I know soon enough I too may be the victim of angry statements about too much PDA. If you just remember how much more you will savour the times you can see your other half then that should keep you going. That or just take advantage of the Ben and Jerry’s offers at your local supermarket…

Emily Poole

Exeter Cornwall

History undergrad at the University of Exeter's Cornwall Campus. Love music, writing and trying to be funny in my spare time...