Campus Celeb: Chris Veall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

This week, we caught up with our favorite sax-playing barista, Chris Veall!

From Hampstead in Hertfordshire, Chris is studying English Literature at Exeter. Chris puts his social and organizational skills to good use as the president of the English Society, and you can often find him with his Koofi apron on, as he brews the best coffee on campus.

Seemingly friends with everyone in Falmouth, Chris is a regular victim of Club International, and when he is not organizing TES, making cheesy garlic bread or queuing for club I, he writes hilariously cutting pieces on his blog, the topics of which range from snippets from his novel to what he would do if he were prime minister.

In September 2014, Chris, along with nine other Exeter students, will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for Hemel-based charity Hope for Children. All the money raised will go toward education and medicine for underprivileged children in Tanzania and Uganda. While Chris admits he is “not the fittest of people,” he is determined to make it and has committed to an intense exercise regime in addition to cutting out alcohol and fatty foods. If you would like to support Chris in his quest to help Hope for Children, you can donate money on his giving page. Please remember that every little bit helps, so if you have any money to spare, please do.

Olivia Burton

Exeter Cornwall