Where They Are Now: Steve Angelo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Name: Steve Angelo 

Where do you work now?

I currently work at Stoneham Recreation Department

When did you graduate?

2008

Were you involved in any clubs or organizations in college?

I played on some Intramural teams and was the Post center manager/legend!

What was your best/favorite internship you had? 

Central Catholic HS Athletics

How did you find your current job? What process did you have to go through to get that job?

I was recruited for my current job. I sent a letter of interest for the position with my resume. Then I went through two, in person, interviews with Town Leaders.

What is one tip you would give to college students going into their first interview.

Prepare for anticipated questions but don’t give scripted, rehearsed answers. Show you have a human side. Look people in the eye when you answer and don’t be afraid to be yourself and sneak in a subtle joke. Make sure you are dressed professional and well kept. Your appearance and ability to show you can be professional but also personable in a work setting are key.

If you could tell your college self-one thing, what would that be?

Never settle in life. When things are going good, don’t be afraid to take the risk to achieve something great. It will be worth it as long as you believe in yourself and don’t let others dictate your self-worth.

Eva Graef

Endicott