The Lazy Girls Guide To Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Here is a short, but helpful list of basics to help you navigate your looks this season. Each one of these items can be found virtually anywhere, and will definitely be worth the investment. Take these staple garments, add your own twist, and you will be set for staying trendy now and forever. Once your wardrobe has a few outfits you can always depends on, you will feel great, look great and be ready in a flash.

The Denim Jacket – You can never go wrong with a denim jacket. It’s the perfect layering piece for when the air gets a little too cold, but you still want to look trendy. The perk of denim is that it goes with literally everything.

Wrap Sweater – This is something that can be worn on a chilly summer night, or with jeans and cute boots in the colder seasons. The wrap effect is a newer obsession, but let’s be honest, it adds a little something extra to your basic, everyday knits.

LBD – The little black dress has evolved over the years, but it’s still an essential every woman should have in their closet. Whether it’s your go to party dress or your one sophisticated piece, if you don’t own one, buy one.

Crossbody Purse – I am a lover of large bags, but I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing better than a crossbody. They are cute, compact and super convenient.

Lacey Tops – Lace will always be in trend. It’s one of those things that can be sexy, but could also be totally appropriate to wear to a job interview.

Bralettes – Bralettes are a newer fad, but have become the socially acceptable way to show off an undergarment. Not to mention, they are perfect for those days when you just don’t feel like wearing a real bra.

Shift Dress – There is nothing better than tossing on a cute, yet casual, dress while feeling comfortable and knowing you still look fabulous. The shift dress can be worn alone, paired with a jacket and tights, worn under a sweater or be the base for your new favorite statement necklace. 

Stripe Anything – Whether it’s a blazer, a blouse, or a dress, stripes are always in style. Stripes are the perfect way of incorporating a pattern into an outfit while also looking clean and put together.

Gold, Sequins or Shimmer – There is no denying that a little sparkle has always added a feminine flare, but lately, metallics are walking right off the runway and onto the streets.

Booties – The shoe that can truly be worn anytime and anywhere. Booties are the ideal fall and winter essential. I can promise you, investing in a nice pair of boots will pay off and you will thank yourself later.  

– Happy Fall! Riley Jenson 

Riley Jenson

Endicott '20

I am a senior at Endicott with a major in Marketing Communication/Advertising and a minor in Professional Writing. I'm passionate about writing and the fashion industry. My dream is to move to New York City.
Eva Graef

Endicott