photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Taylor Swift’s Most Relatable Lyrics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

1. All Too Well

“And I know it’s long gone, and there was nothing else I could do. And I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to.”

2. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

“I loved you in spite of deep fears that the world would divide us.”

3. Delicate

“Sometimes I wonder: when you sleep are you ever dreaming of me?”

4. Enchanted

“There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles. Same old tired, lonely place. Walls of insincerity, drifting eyes and vacancy, vanished when I saw your face.”

5. Gorgeous

“You’re so gorgeous I can’t say anything to your face.”

6. I Almost Do

“I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can’t say “hello” to you and face another goodbye.”

7. King of my Heart

“I’m perfectly fine; I live on my own. I made up my mind—I’m better off being alone.”

8. Mary’s Song (Oh My My My)

“Take me back when our world was one block wide. I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried. Just two kids, you and I.”

9. Mean

“I walk with my head down trying to block you out ‘cause I’ll never impress you. I just want to feel okay again.”

10. Never Grow Up

“You’re in the car on the way to the movies and you’re mortified your mom’s dropping you off. At fourteen there’s just so much you can’t do and you can’t wait to move out someday and call your own shots.”

11.  New Romantics

“Honey, life is just a classroom.”

12. The Story of Us

“I’d tell you I miss you, but I don’t know how. Now I’m standing alone in a crowded room, and we’re not speaking.”

13. Tied Together With a Smile

“And no one knows that you cry, but you don’t tell anyone that you might not be the golden one. And you’re tied together with a smile, but you’re coming undone.”

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.