Pedro (’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.
Full Name: Pedro José Viloria
Major: French
Hometown: Duluth, Georgia
Extracurricular Activities: Latino Student Organization
Relationship Status: Single
Greek Affiliation: Kappa Sigma

HCE: Describe yourself in 5 words.
Pedro: A citizen of the world

HCE: What are some of your hobbies?
Pedro: Swimming, Writing, Drawing, Social Media, Vino and cheese

HCE: What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?/Who are your favorite artists?
Pedro: My love for music is very varied, I mostly prefer listening to smooth and sexy R&B (especially anything by Beyoncé), but I also really enjoy listening to chillstep and when I’m feeling very rowdy I’m keen to listen to heavy trap songs by artists like Future. 

HCE: If you could have dinner with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Pedro: I was born and raised in Venezuela until I was 8 years old and I have always been deeply fascinated by the country’s history. The most celebrated hero in Venezuela (and most of South America) is Simon Bolivar who is the region’s liberator and is revered much like George Washington is admired here. I would love to sit down and discuss his inspiration for becoming one of the most influential men in the world and the kinds of challenges he faced while getting there. 

HCE: Describe your ideal weekend.
Pedro: I might not look tropical but my Venezuelan blood gives me a huge affinity for the sun. My favorite place to be is by the beach, so my ideal weekend would involve some bottomless mimosas and a crystalline blue coastal vacation. 

HCE: Do you have your eyes set on someone?
Pedro: No one at the moment!

HCE: Describe your ideal date.
Pedro: I’m very simple when it comes to romance but I am also a bit of a hopeless romantic. To me, a perfect date is one where we could sit by a Parisian cafe in the sixteenth arrondissement and get to know each other through sips of beer or wine . 

HCE: What did you want to be when you were younger?
Pedro: Ever since I could remember I’ve always wanted to be a lawyer. 

HCE: What is one thing you’ve always wanted to learn/get better at?
Pedro: I have always wanted to improve my communication skills and by that I don’t mean being more outgoing but by learning more languages and breaking down cultural barriers. I want to be able to speak to everyone and make them feel as welcome and included as possible.

HCE: What do you see yourself (ideally) doing after you graduate?
Pedro: Hopefully after graduation I will be able to work with the European Union or in any other form of international relations institution. 

HCE: What are some of your favorite places in Atlanta?
Pedro: I love visiting Midtown and Little Five Points. I’m also somewhat of a marine biology geek so I love visiting the Georgia Aquarium. 

HCE: What has been your biggest accomplishment since being at Emory?
Pedro: I think my biggest accomplishment so far at Emory was making the decision to study abroad in Paris as a Sophomore. It was an experience that helped me grow immensely as a person and that taught to be a lot more worldly and open minded. 
HCE: What is the best compliment someone can ever give you?
Pedro: “I like your outfit!” 

HCE: What is your hidden talent?
Pedro: My hips do not lie.

HCE: What is your guilty pleasure?
Pedro: Goat Cheese and French Fries

HCE: What do you consider to be your greatest flaw?
Pedro: Im a very ambitious person meaning that I like to challenge myself and sometimes I spread myself too thin and struggle to succeed. 

HCE: Who inspires you?
Pedro: My parents. They are the most determined hard workers I know. They taught me to always strive to persevere no matter what the odds are and that nothing is impossible or out of reach. 

HCE: What’s your dream vacation spot?
Pedro: A beach in Barcelona.