Atlanta 24 Hour Visitor Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

At Emory, the end of the year brings some of the best weekends – from Dooley’s Week to various formals and darties galore – and along with it, seemingly an influx of visitors.  Maybe it’s because of the warm weather, but the Spring is the perfect time to invite your home friends down South.  If your time together is limited, here’s a surefire itinerary to make sure you both have the best 24 hours.

MORNING:

The General Muir

As obvious as brunch being your first stop is, it has to be said.  Where it gets tricky is what to choose, as Atlanta might as well be the brunch capital with the amount of delectable options.  While you can do no wrong with options like West Egg, Sun in my Belly, or Folkart, keep it simple and walk to a classic: The General Muir.  Not only is it close to campus, but it is the quintessential Emory dining location. 

AFTERNOON:

Beltline and Skyline Park

With belly’s full of bagels, nothing feels better than a leisurely walk.  Uber over to Krog Street Market, and after checking out all the cute little vendors there, walk a few steps and you’re on the beltline.  After a winding walk complete with artwork and scattered restaurants, you’ll hit Ponce City Market, a place every visitor must explore.  What’s really great about Ponce is the rooftop though – and for a $10 ticket you can ride the elevator up and experience the cleanest and classiest carnival you’ll ever visit.  With games, slides, and mini golf, you’ll feel like a kid except for the opportunities to purchase nice drinks or even sit down to a fancy meal.  Plus, on top of the gorgeous view, people watching is prime – always an eclectic mixture of people dressed to the nine and children (who are banned from entry after 5pm on the weekends when it turns into 21 and up). 

EVENING:

Gio’s or Anticos

After an exhausting day filled with walking, snacking, and winning stuffed animals, a chill dinner is in order.  In comes Gio’s and Antico, neighbors and two features of Giovanni Di Palma’s “Little Italy” conception of four restaurants.  Both are fast, delicious, as dressy as you want it to be, and BYOB.  Gio’s specializes in chicken and pasta while Antico is known for their amazing pizza, and as you seat yourself at both restaurants, everyone can get what they want and reconvene.  Synonymous with wine-drunk and a good time, it’s a surefire way to start the night

After that, the rest is up to you!  But with these three simple suggestions, you’re guaranteed to have a great day and prove to be the best host possible. 

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.