What Horror Movie Villain Are You Based Off of Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Aquarius (January 20- February 18)

Jigsaw, Saw                            

Look, it’s no secret that at times you go a little crazy with your ideas. You let them get completely out of control until you’ve done nothing but think and dream all day. At heart you’re a do-gooder. Well, Jigsaw thought he was doing the same! Maybe his actions were a little wild, but I’m sure you can relate to that. I’m sure given the opportunity to achieve your dreams, you would. At the end of the day your intention is just to make everyone appreciate life a little more, nothing wrong with that. I mean, unless you’re a serial killer, then maybe not.

Pisces (February 19- March 20)

The Gill-Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon

You like to keep to yourself and that’s fine! Nothing wrong will a little alone time to refresh and recharge. You also have a strong affinity for water, and often times find yourself having deep thoughts in the shower. You feel energized when given the chance to explore your inner thoughts and love to think deeply about the ways of the world. You’re The Gill-Man because not only is he a thinker, but he likes to be left alone when he’s doing so, preferably in a large body of water, you know, like a lagoon.

Aries (March 21- April 19)

Billy Loomis, Scream

You like to take charge and act on your impulses. You put your all into something, and never sit back on the sidelines. You are a go getter, and nothing can stop you from pursuing your dreams and using your talents. While Billy might have dreamed of being a murderer and then got his dream, you can still take the base of what he did and apply it to your life! Love baking? Don’t stop until you open that bakery. Music is your passion? Play guitar until your fingers bleed. While Billy’s drive and impulses lead him to murder, you don’t need to take it there. Please. Don’t murder anyone.

Taurus (April 20- May 20)

Samara, The Ring                   

You are reliable, devoted, stubborn, and at times, possessive. You won’t back down from a challenge and when you say something, you absolutely mean it. When Samara says she’s coming to kill you in seven days, you know she’s gonna be there exactly seven days from the moment she calls. She is truly devoted to her cause and will stop at nothing to do what she needs to do. Even when given the chance to be set free, she decides to keep on with her mission, doing what she does best. Her issues stem from her need to have the complete and total possession of her mother’s love, and when she doesn’t get that, she is not happy, just like you struggle at times with not getting what you want.

Gemini (May 21- June 20)

Norman Bates, Psycho I don’t think I have to be the one to tell you that you’re a nervous person. It’s just a part of who you are and that is totally okay! You also have deep and intense curiosity about the world around you that motivates everything you do. You have a duality about you, two different sides. You have the side that you show the world, and the side that only comes out when you’re alone. This is why you are Norman Bates. He is a shy, nervous individual who had a fixation on death that lead him to taxidermy and eventually the murder of his mother. He eventually became her…but also was still himself…and didn’t know about also being his mother. There was a lot going on.

Cancer (June 21- July 22)

Leather Face, Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Family is the most important thing to you, and you would do anything to ensure the happiness and safety of your loved ones, just like Leather Face! While his motives were questionable, he did what he did to ensure his family survived! How sweet! At your worst, you are at times riddled with insecurity. While most of the time you are enthusiastic and confident, you can’t help but feel uncomfortable in your own skin. Sometimes you wish you could just try on a new face every once in a while, and your boy Leather Face can relate.

Leo (July 23- August 22)

Chucky, Child’s Play

You love to be the center of attention, and honestly, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. You love to be treated like the queen you are, and expect nothing less. This is why you’re Chucky, former serial killer turned child’s doll. He couldn’t bear the thought of leaving this earthly realm behind without finishing his mission and making a name for himself, so like the drama queen he was, decided to put his soul into a doll. Despite his violent ways, he perpetrated his crimes with humor and spirit, two traits that you, a fiery lion, possess naturally.

Virgo (August 23- September 22)

Hannibal Lecter, Silence of the Lambs

You’re smart, analytical, and have a knack for whipping up healthy dishes! (Too far?) You are an insanely hard worker and put your all into everything you do. No matter what it is, you put your nose to the grindstone and get it done. You love books, art, and anything you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. It is at times hard for you to remove yourself from your work and actually enjoy your life. I mean, for Hannibal his passions include cooking and eating people, but you know, you do you boo boo.

Libra (September 23- October 22)

Freddy Krueger, Nightmare on Elm Street

You are the scales, you weigh out your options and want to make the most fair and just choice you can in any situation. On a more sinister note, you want to settle the score. You’re Mr. Krueger because in his mind, killing the children of the ones who wronged him is simply evening out the score. You avoid confrontation whenever possible, much like Freddy when he murders in others dreams rather than an IRL smackdown. Freddy always evens the score, and makes things right, even if it’s only in his mind.

Scorpio (October 23- November 21)

Count Dracula, Dracula

You are passionate, strong willed, and filled with strong desires. Sometimes, you can find yourself turning this passion into obsessions, whether it be with that new TV show, a cute celebrity, or you know, the blood of beautiful young women. Sometimes you let your emotions get the best of you and you can lose you temper, much like our fanged-friend Drac. While his outbursts might be violent and involved blood sucking, yours can be a little wild too. Deep down, Dracula cares about those close to him, and despite the obsessive and manipulative behavior, he just wants those close to him to stay in his life and surround himself with happiness, something he sometimes thinks is out of reach. Also maybe you’re really pale and don’t like the sun, that’s just a guess though.

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21)

The Candyman, Candyman

You are charismatic and honest. You are able to get people to trust you based on your logical way of thinking and natural charm. This is exactly like The Candyman. He is educated and suave, allowing people to get close to him. Like you, if the wrong people get close to him, he lashes out. He has trouble with people that want to be with him all the time, you know the ones that constantly say his name in the mirror or in your case call you all the time, and drops people that annoy him. Honestly, people can just be so needy sometimes.

Capricorn (December 22- January 19)

Pennywise, IT

You value tradition, self-discipline, and at some point or another you’ve probably said “I hate everything”. Pennywise can relate to those things. Every 27 years, he comes back to celebrate his life, or in other words eat the flesh of children. While you might not relate to that, I’m sure you have certain things you yourself do every year or every few years, though hopefully less gory. He is able to control his hunger until dinner, something that only a Sagittarius could do. Pennywise hates everything, he hates children, cheer, love, and anything pure and good in this world. I’m sure that on some of your tough days you’ve looked begrudgingly at a sunset, or pushed away a balloon, or scoffed at a dancing clown…wait…

Victoria Dias

Emmanuel '20

Theater and Communications Major. Dog Lover. Amateur Writer. 
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.