This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

We’ve all seen the advertisements of models strutting in their high heels or watched shows like Sex and the City where Carrie Bradshaw runs around wearing her Manolo Blahnik shoes so effortlessly. These women may seem unattainable but their fashion sense is not, especially when it comes to their shoes.

I have always been a shoe lover, boots being my guilty pleasure, but only recently have I discovered my love for heels. Being about 5’10” I’ve never jumped at the idea of wearing heels because they would only make me that much taller. Thankfully, I’ve gotten to the point where I really don’t care anymore because they make my outfits look that much better. Plus, there’s nothing wrong with being tall and showing off those long legs!

Heels not only look great but I swear they do something to your mind. The confidence you feel when wearing heels is unreal. The extra 2-3 inches you get from wearing your favorite booties to class or your favorite black heels for a night out have the ability to brighten your mood. I’ll wake up some days not thrilled about my hair or the way my outfit is looking, and then I put on some type of heel – game changer.

I can’t truly pinpoint an exact reason why heels have such a positive power over me but I must not be the only one because I see other girls wearing them often. Maybe it’s because they make you feel more empowered? Or maybe people like to know what it feels like to be the tallest person for a change? I know I love being able to look over everyone, especially when I’m trying to see what’s for dinner in the café.

One thing’s for sure, every college woman should own a pair of heels. You’ll secretly love the sound they make as you walk down the halls to your class. They don’t even have to be that tall, just tall enough to make you notice a shift in your confidence…or even tall enough so that your feet hurt a little bit by the end of the day. I promise you, it’s worth it!

Autumn believes in a combination of hard work and magical thinking. True to her Libra ways, she embraces balance in all aspects of life and enjoys connecting with others. Specializing in Marketing Management, she thrives in helping brands build their platforms through authentic and inspiring content. Find more on Instagram: @aduslayy
Her Campus Emmanuel