kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Pros and Cons of a Summer Fling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Searching for some summer love? You might be looking to have a nice, easy summer fling,but sometimes flings get more complicated than expected. Here are some pros and cons to consider before diving into your summer romance:

PRO: It’s no work. When you’re not expecting to get much besides a good time out of a relationship, you don’t have to worry so much about having those long serious talks.

CON: You don’t get to know the person you’re hanging out (and making out with) very well.

PRO:  It’s super fun!

CON: …until it has to end.

PRO: It’s pretty easy to end; you both expect things to stop before school starts back up.

CON: But there’s always the chance that one of you gets attached, making things a bit harder.  

PRO: But if both of you get attached, it could turn into something more…

CON: …but you probably don’t want it to.

PRO: You can work on your make-out skills.  

CON: It can get old if you’re not super into the person.   

PRO: You could become long distance friends with your co-flinger.

CON: Your co-flinger could turn out to be a total jerk. 

BUT: Flings are a valuable life experience. Perhaps it’s something you just have to try to see if it works for you!

Ashley is a senior Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College. She will graduate in December 2016. She loves playing with clothes and make-up, traveling, and drinking way too much coffee. Friends and family, cute animals, (especially her own), and dessert make her happy. 
Emerson contributor