This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Monica Leigh Rosenblatt

Year of Graduation: Spring 2017

Major: BFA Musical Theater

Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland: the greatest place on Earth.

Relationship Status: None of your business.

What organizations are you involved with on campus? I’ve done shows with both The Musical Theater Society & Kidding Around, I work as a Desk Assistant in Piano Row, and I’m Sisterhood Chair of Alpha Epsilon Phi.

What is your favorite thing about your major? For me, it’s the freedom to fulfill all of my passions at once without feeling limited. And the people.

How are you chasing your dreams at Emerson? By allowing myself to learn something new every single chance that I possibly can.

What do you aspire to do? Oh, so many things. I aspire to be a working actor. I aspire to not only some day play great characters, but also create great characters.

Favorite quote: I’ll go with my senior year quote, which has stayed relevant since I first read it, and will continue to. “What’s the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?” – John Green

Favorite movie: While You Were Sleeping. Have you seen it? It’s a good movie. Sandra Bullock’s opening monologue? I weep and laugh every time.

Favorite dessert: Flourless chocolate cake or a hot, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.

Favorite song to sing: All songs, ever. I love them all. I’ve never heard a song I didn’t want to sing… Okay, that’s a lie but I’m not telling you or else my secret’s out.

Favorite musical: It’s kind of embarrassing but I’m a sucker for “Mamma Mia.” Love me some ABBA if you know what I mean.

Favorite place in Boston: The North End/Faneuil Hall! I just got my first apartment in the North End with my wonderful best friend and we are very thrilled! Mom, look! I’m all grown up!

Fun Fact: I can impersonate the Stitch voice. I’m 150% obsessed with Lilo & Stitch. I feel as though I’m both of them rolled into one person. Like sassy, olive skinned, difficult to understand, and obsessed with Elvis Presley.

Describe yourself in three words: That’s impossible! But I’ll try. Let’s go with driven, excitable, & adventurous.

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor