Meet Campus Celeb Notalia Hellgurt (aka Talia Heller)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Notalia Hellgurt is a student at Emerson College and she’s a celebrity in her own right. It’s almost time for Notalia to graduate, so make sure to get to know her as soon as possible! She’ll be doing BIG things. Read on to understand why she is so popular here on campus…

Name: Notalia Hellgurt

Hometown: Wyoming, okay?

Year of Graduation: Somewhere around ’96 but I’m still waiting for some credits to transfer.

Major: ByomUdikcal Enjiqueering

What organizations are you involved in on campus? Key club – we can open any door on campus! Lock club – we give key club a run for their money!

What is being a part of SwoMo like? Do you ever dance like nobody’s watching? Do you ever live like you’re gonna die young? Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?

What (or who!) brought you to the world of comedy? A pack of wolves abducted me from my home when I was just 2 years old. They were a traveling out-of-work circus act and were looking for something fresh to put them back on the map. You could say I was forced into the comedy scene, but grew to love it nonetheless. If you’re reading this, wolf-mom Hidalgo, Aroooooo!

Who is your favorite funny lady of comedy? Pat Nixon, a little known gem of a woman, also known as Mrs. Richard Nixon.

Where do you see yourself after graduation?  Well now that you mention it, my family already made brunch reservations at Olive Garden but I’m open to suggestions!

Best memory of your college years: That would have to be when I turned 21 in my junior year and I bought a power suit and matching Sketchers and hit the town with my friends! Sike! I don’t have Sketchers. Or friends. 

Finish this sentence: You’ll usually find me… Wait which sentence?

Favorite place and thing to do in Boston: I’m a volunteer firefighter’s friend!

Hobbies outside of Emerson: I enjoy mahjong! If interested in starting a league, message me at mahjongbringsalltheboystotheyong@aol.com 

Three words to describe yourself: Gentle, Aggressive, Luxury, Cookie, Spontaneous

Fun fact: Look behind you!

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor