Make Your Ordinary Planner Extraordinary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s finally fall, and all of our classes, clubs, appointments, homework and more are about to take over our lives. Don’t use that boring, old planner to keep track of your agenda! Here are a few ways to make your ordinary planner extraordinary.

1. Judge the book (planner) by its cover.

They always say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” but in this case, you must. The first step is making the cover of your planner pop with color and your favorite designs. This is supposed to represent you and all the things you like! Whether it’s a picture of the beach, your favorite color, tie-dye, floral or a collage of personal pictures, it will spice up a plain cover any day!

2. Stickers, stickers, stickers!

Recently, planning has been all the rage on YouTube and Pinterest. Add on stickers and your planner will look like a party. Stickers are a great way to spice up the calendar and agenda section, which is normally just filled with boring writing. Place some pumpkin stickers for the first day of fall, or a textbook sticker to symbolize homework. Your planner will be much more fun to look at.

3. Bring back the gel pens.

Oh the ‘90s, how I miss them so. Kids these days just won’t know the satisfaction of using your favorite shimmery gel pens to write down your best friend’s phone number in school. Well, we are officially going to bring them back for your planner. Use colorful gel pens to doodle and write your most important notes. They will glide right onto the paper and add a touch of color and uniqueness to your new planner!

Add these few touches to your boring planner, and you will have one that is ready for back to school!

Jamie is a senior Writing, Literature and Publishing major at Emerson College in Boston, MA. She is the Her Campus Life Editor, a National Contributing Writer, and Campus Correspondent of the Emerson Her Campus chapter. Jamie plans to pursue a career in the magazine industry. See more of her work at: www.jamiemkravitz.com