toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Movies We Can’t Wait To Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The Halloween countdown has officially begun, but it’s not all about the costumes, tricks or treats! It’s the month where the “13 Nights of Halloween” countdown takes over our televisions and preps us for the spooky night. Below are a few movies that you cannot forget to watch!

Hocus Pocus

Would it even be Halloween without this movie? This ’90s film gives us all the spooky feels. With music, humor, horror and romance, you can’t go wrong. The fact that the Sanderson sisters are fabulous and sassy witches makes for an enjoyable and frightful night.

Halloweentown

It was one of the first Disney Channel Original Movies and brings back memories of wishing we lived the life of Marnie Piper. Did we mention there is an actual Halloweentown in St. Helens, Oregon? This is the ultimate teen classic.

The Addams Family

“They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky, they’re all together ooky, the Addams Family.” The jingle that melted all of our hearts at a young age is back and better than ever. Between Wednesday and Morticia, there is no way we’d be able to choose our favorite. They’re all equally scary.

Dark Shadows

Based off of the original show in 1966, this remake of Dark Shadows is by far one of my favorites. It combines the quirky humor of Johnny Depp and the class of Michelle Pfeiffer, while taking place in a posh 1970s fishing community. The movie is truly a pop culture Halloween pick!

Grab your candy corn and some witches brew, and you will be sucked right into these classic Halloween movies.

Emerson contributor