Fun Halloween Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Tired of cheesy couples costumes? We are! There is a lot more to do with your campus cutie than wearing matching duds. So put away the leopard print skirts and Jersey Shore muscle tee’s and try out these cute couple Halloween date ideas.

1. Ghost Tour 
Want to really get into the spooky mood this Halloween? Grab your date and head out on a Boston Ghost Tour. Walk around the city and snap pictures of some of the most haunted sites in Boston! Check out hauntedboston.com to reserve your spot for a very eerie evening.

2. Day Trip to Salem
Get out of Boston for the day! Head over to Salem for some great people watching this Halloween. There will be tons of haunted houses, fortune tellers, and concerts all night long. For the over 21 couples, ShockTop will be setting up a beer garden at the Radio 92.9 Concert Stage with no cover charge!

3. Go Barhopping
No one does Halloween parties like the Boston bar scene. Grab your date and dance the night away with your fellow ghosts and ghouls. Check out the Heaven & Hell Halloween party at GoodBar in Boston or GOTO Boston’s Annual Halloween Party. The latter donates all proceeds of the event to help middle school students in the Boston area to art and music camp. Have a scary good time for a good cause. See what I did there?

4. Scary Movie Fest
Not in the party mood? Stay in! Nothing says cuddle time like a scary movie marathon. Throw some candy corn into your popcorn and sip on apple ciders to make it extra festive! Wondering what we would watch? Try out the 1978 Halloween for a classic scare or {INSERT} for a gorier vibe.

5. Fort Warren
Take the ferry over to Fort Warren in the Boston Harbor. During the Civil War, the fort acted as a prisoner of war camp. Grab your date and get ready for some real world spooks!

Emily is currently a sophomore Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College with a minor in Marketing. Being from southern wild, Emily is still can't get over this North Eastern weather. As a lover of literature, magazines, and publishing, Emily hopes for a future in magazine editing. Emily is currently social media analyst for Emerson's Fashion Society, a fiction anaylst for Gauge Magazine, and a writer for HerCampus Emerson. Follow her at @emlymc712.
Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop