Campus Celebrity: Savannah Williams-Radecic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Savannah Williams-Radecic

Age: 20

Hometown: Nashville, TN

Major: Media Arts Production

Graduation: December 2016

Sign: Aries

What does your job consist of day to day?: I work at Arlington Community Media in Arlington, MA. As a production assistant at a public access television studio, I work closely with our Production Coordinator and, with him, help teach and guide our members through creating, producing, and editing their own television shows to be broadcast on our cable channels. Recently, I’ve been working on creating step-by-step workshops and manuals so that the members who do come in on days that some of the staff are not available can still produce and put out some material on schedule. I feel like it’s appropriate to say that my job at ACMi on a day-to-day basis also consists of a lot of laughter and jokes with my coworkers and the members from the Arlington area. It may be work, but it’s fun work.

What were you previously doing at WERS?: At WERS, my title was officially Development Admin. Like ACMi, I would work closely with 88.9’s Membership Coordinator where I would talk with the members, or the listeners, of WERS, from whom I’d pass feedback to our professional staff. I also would help organize and inspire members and students to volunteer at our fundraisers to raise money for the station. Before I got hired as Development Admin, I was an on-air host for 1.5 years.

Tell me about the show you worked on over the summer: Earlier this summer, before it became a part-time job, ACMi was my internship. One of the requirements as an intern there was to produce your own show, as well as work around the studio helping others with their shows. Because I like to make my life stressful, I decided to create two shows: one about video games, shot in studio with special guests, and the other about artists in Arlington, shot on location at their own art studios. The video game show was a fun project to work on that taught me a lot about producing and scheduling guests, which is something I had never done before this summer. The artist profiles were something that I had hoped would bring publicity to the different artists around Arlington and help push Arlington towards being an art center.

What’s your dream job?: My dream job is probably something to do with video games, whether it’s doing sound for a big game studio or animation and modeling. I have a passion for video games, and I’d love the opportunity to help create games similar to those that made me fall in love with games.

Where do you see your career in 10 years?: Although my dream job is to work for a big gaming studio like EA Games or Bioware itself, I can honestly see myself in 10 years working for a media non-profit. I’ve been working at some sort of non-profit for the past three years, and the small, personal environment is something that I’ve fallen in love with. I’m not sure where I’ll end up in 10 years (I mean, that’s a decade away!) but as long as I’m content in my career choice, I’ll be happy.

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor