Katie Link, the Queen of Multitasking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Meet Wonderwoman… better know as Elon senior Katie Link.  

Link is the president of her sorority, Phi Mu, as well as the sweetheart for Pi Kappa Phi, however she is not only involved in campus Greek Life. Link is also a member of Student Government, College Republicans, and the Senior Giving Committee. Although these jobs are time-consuming, Link makes time to get good grades and spend time with her friends.
How does she do it all?

HC: You’re the President of your sorority. What responsibilities does that position entail?

KL: As president of my sorority, my responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining correspondence with National Headquarters and Elon. I also oversee all activities and events our organization holds.

HC: Cool! Is that job fun, or more work? Is it what you expected when you were elected last spring?

KL: Being the president of any organization takes patience and time management, and Phi Mu is no exception. The position is a little more time consuming than I expected, however I am so happy I was elected for the position. It has turned out to be my most rewarding leadership position I’ve ever held. Although it is a lot of work, the position is definitely fun and without it, I would not have had the opportunity to work with some of the people that I do.

HC: How do you remain so involved in Greek Life while also keeping up your grades and making time for your friends, etc.?
KL: Maintaining my grades is definitely a top priority. It is easy to get sidetracked with everything going on outside of academics, but prioritizing my work makes it easier for me to allocate time for my friends and my involvement in organizations.

HC: What have you learned from your leadership positions?

KL: I have learned that not all decisions are easy, and that the best decision is not always the right one. Choosing the right decision, especially when the group is apathetic towards it, is a challenging task for a leader.

HC: What advice would you give to other students that want to hold a leadership position one day in the future?

KL: I would highly encourage any upperclassmen, or even underclassmen, to run for a leadership position if they are interested. Getting involved is a great way to develop new relationships and a great start to gain experience for the real world (crazy that such a thing exists outside Elon)!

HC: Thanks so much, Katie! How about some fun facts- what’s your favorite candy?

KL:  It’s a tie between Peanut M&M’s and Rolos (perfect ratio of caramel to chocolate… mmm).

HC: Celebrity crush?

KL: Ryan Reynolds, definitely.

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.