Fabulous Fall Cocktails You NEED to Try this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Happy Fall to collegiates everywhere! The best season of the year is finally here, and I want you to celebrate it cocktail-style. I love my Starbucks PSL just as much as anyone else, but spicing things up this season with fall-themed cocktails is the perfect way to rejoice that you aren’t getting a sunburn on your walk to class anymore. Fall cocktails are the perfect addition to any gathering, whether it’s a night in with the girls, or just a workload-less Sunday that calls for fun fall fashion and a mimosa with a twist. Gather your ingredients and get concocting!

Apple Cider Mimosa

First off, who the hell doesn’t love a good mimosa on a Sunday morning? Whether you’re trying to cure a hangover with the cause, or just in the mood to celebrate, Apple Cider Mimosas are a delicious option. This was my first homemade cocktail, and I’ve never looked at a regular OJ mimosa the same way since. The best part? It is incredibly easy to put together since all you need is some champagne and (a splash of) apple cider! If you want to get as creative as I did, cut a red apple into little wedges to garnish and top the rim of your glass with some gold sparkles. If you are more of a sangria kind-of-girl, check out the recipe for Apple Cider Sangria instead. So festive, and SO good!

Cimmanon Toast

Just like your favorite fall sweater, a sip of Cinnamon Toast is sure to keep you all warm and fuzzy inside. Grab a cozy blanket while you warm up your apple cider and mix it with some spiced rum for a drink that is sure to heat things up when it’s cold out. Decorate with some sugar and cinnamon around the rim of your glass to balance out the spices, and enjoy while you binge on Netflix with the girls!

Caramel Apple Martini

The perfect excuse to get your SO to go apple picking with you this season has arrived! Use those delicious apples as a garnish for a super sweet Caramel Apple Martini that’s shaken, not stirred. If you love caramel apples, then you’re sure to love this concoction. You can decorate your rim with caramel or cinnamon sugar to your liking, but the real deal happens when you mix your caramel vodka and butterscotch schnapps with some delightful apple cider. Cheers!

Cranberry Margarita

Forget about those tropical margarita flavors from over the summer my margarita-lovers. While apple cider and pumpkin are what you usually think of during the fall season, never overlook the sweet, sweet cranberry that won your heart over as a child at Thanksgiving dinner. Cranberry Margaritas are the perfect choice if you’re looking to keep the calorie count low on your drinks since it’s easy to find 100% cranberry juice options. Garnish your rim with some salt or sugar, and the traditional lime, while blending together your favorite tequila, some cranberry juice and a splash of triple sec! Add some cranberries if you’re feeling Pinterest-worthy, and drink up!

Pumpkin Pie in a Glass

Have no fear, your new favorite pumpkin-inspired cocktail is here! “Eat your pie and drink it, too” when you mix the season’s most delicious dessert into a boozy beverage. Pumpkin Pie in a Glass encompasses the flavors you love about fall, and may give your regular PSL a run for its money. While making an actual pumpkin pie takes hard work and dedication, this concoction is super simple. Just mix your measurements of Kahlua Pumpkin Spice, hazelnut liquor of your choice, heavy cream, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a shaker with ice and voila, you get pumpkin pie that can be poured into your favorite glass! If you’re like me and can’t get enough pumpkin pie spice, sprinkle a little extra on top. Pumpkin pie just got dangerously good!