This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Spring has sprung. As soon as we felt the first consecutive days of seventy-degree weather, we knew we could finally put our sweaters away for good. Here at Elon, a beautiful week of warm temperatures followed Spring Break, ending with a long, three-day weekend. While some students left to go home for Easter in the less-than-warm Northeast region, others prepared for Elon’s legendary darties – daytime parties.

With our heavy sweaters and pants placed in the back of our closets, many questioned what would be the perfect outfit for the weekend. Obviously, boys only need a quick switch from long pants, to khaki or colored shorts—matched with a button-up or polo. On the other hand, girls usually take more than five minutes to choose an outfit.

A few recommended outfits for the darties this spring include rompers, funky patterned pants with a plain top, and strappy dresses. Rompers are always a comfy choice, and also get rid of the stress of a dress accidentally flying up for all to see! Funky pants never fail if paired with a top that complements the pant’s color pattern.

Strappy dresses of any color or pattern are always a go-to for Elon girls. Bralettes in particular are become a popular choice for undergarments. Many girls have worn a cool, caged bralette underneath their darty-ready dresses. Because, who doesn’t enjoy looking at a cool strappy pattern underneath a flowy dress? Not only do you want to prevent revealing too much, but bralettes are also a very comfortable option for daylong parties.

Accessories are always a must, especially when you are out and traveling all-Saturday-long. Bring your own cup to the darty—for example, a Lilly-Pulitzer tumbler cup—because it looks much more trendy than that plastic red cup in your Facebook pictures. With a bright, sunny North Carolina day, sunglasses are also a must. Your favorite cat eyes, or flash-lensed Ray bans are essential, especially if you plan on standing in the sun for hours on end. Finally, Jack Rogers or white Keds as footwear will pair well with almost any Darty outfit. Neutral toned shoes work with any pattern dress, romper, or pant, so choose wisely!

Darties are truly a twist on the stereotypical college party scene. With no football games in the spring, students have decided to give the name “darty” to what usually is known as a tailgate in the fall. Nearly every weekend this month has given us beautiful weather for daytime festivities. So, with the perfect outfit, sunglasses, and energy, let’s all enjoy the last few weekends of darty season!