Andrea Diaz Amado’ 15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Andrea Diaz Amado

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Hometown: Panama City, Panama

Major: International Business and Marketing with a concentration on Sales

Relationship Status: Single, but ready to mingle.

Involvement on campus: 

·      Member of Alpha Kappa Psi, liaison between my organization and the Senior Giving Committee.

·      Panama’s Ambassador, International Fellow Program. Participate from focus group and International panels on how to bring more international students on campus.

·      Spanish Center, Spanish tutor. Help American students to enhance their language learning experience by teaching them about the Hispanic culture through events and activities organized by El Centro.

How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as someone self-motivated, determined and passionate on pursuing what I love. I have high expectations of myself, therefore always strive myself to become better than I am the day before.

If you could meet anyone for a day, who would it be and why?

I would love to meet Deepak Chopra. I am a big fan of his books and perspective towards life and spirituality. I consider myself to be very spiritual, hence I believe all human beings are source of energy that attract people and circumstances that vibrate on their same energy.

What is your biggest turn-off?

Someone that is full of himself and thinks he is the center of the universe.

What is your idea of the perfect date?

Wine, nice home cook dinner, and spend hours engaging in a deep conversation with that person about random, yet interesting stuff.

Describe your dream guy in 3 words: 

1.    Intelligent/Cultured

2.    Funny

3.    Confident about himself and who he is

You are leaving Elon now, what advice would you give to someone who is starting now?

Don’t take life so seriously. Have fun in college. Remember that is also time to have fun but still be responsible of your work.

Elon University Class of 2016San Juan, Puerto Rico