7 Last Minute Quick & Easy Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

The college lifestyle is not one full of free time…as any one counting down the days until Thanksgiving knows! However, there is one very important event to keep in mind before Thanksgiving break rolls around. This annual, fun-filled occasion is in fact Halloween. But wait, days before the big night and you find yourself with absolutely nothing to wear? Not to worry, we’ve pulled together some quick and easy costume ideas that only require one (hopefully cheap!) trip to Goodwill! 

1. Rosie the Riveter

Quick—check your closet! Do you have a denim shirt? A red bandana? A fierce pouty face and some toned arm muscles? Well, go ahead and channel your inner superwoman because you have just become Rosie the Riveter! She not only portrays a great feminist persona, but she is also easy to replicate. Plus, you will look adorable doing so! Pair the shirt and bandana with a cute updo and some high-waisted black shorts (or leggings) and you are good to go! We Can Do It!

2. A Crazy Cat Lady

Who says that Halloween is all about wearing little skirts and bodysuits? For all the girls who feel like getting cozy this Friday, grab your coziest bathrobe, pick up some hair curlers ($8.99 at Target!) and snuggle up to all the kitty cat stuffed animals that you (or your friends) own. Not only are you going to be warm this Halloween, but you’ll be the star of those pictures with your many Mr. Snuggles and Mrs. Wiggles by your side.

3. Wednesday Addams

If you’re looking to be a little darker this season, channel your inner Wednesday Addams with your cutest LBD and black-and-white striped tights ($3.99-6.99 at Target!). Tie up your hair in two braids, and put on your best scowl because you’re now the sassy little gothic girl that everyone loves!

4. Max (From Where the Wild Things Are)

Who says that you can’t channel your inner kid-at-heart this Halloween? This outfit can be found in your closet—just throw on some white pants, a white long sleeved tee, and draw some big yellow buttons down the front! Make a sparkly crown from paper (Michael’s is your best bet!) and you are officially the wild star of the best-selling children’s book. Let the wild rumpus begin!

5. Toddlers and Tiaras

Remember that super adorable dress you bought for your last formal, or for that banquet that you wore only once? Well, now is your chance to shine in it again! Put on your party dress, put some massive curls in your hair, and deck yourself out in all the make-up and fake eyelashes you want because…you’ve gotta get glam, girl! To top it off, pick up a sash at your nearest craft store—you can even pick our what color you want! Did you win best smile? Best hair? Best all-around? Grab a pacifier and a baby bottle (under $10 at Target!) and you have become the best-looking toddler around!

6. Got Milk? Spokesperson

If you’re really running behind and your closet is a little lackluster for the other costumes mentioned, grab a white tee and jeans. With a black sharpie or t-shirt marker, write “Got Milk?” on your tee and put a little white paint (or eyeliner) above your top lip, making your “milk face” just perfectly messy! You’ll be comfy, but still creative and spreading a good message!

7. Despicable Me Minion(s)

We’ve saved the best for last! This costume can work in a group or as an individual. Head to CVS or Target and grab the biggest pair of sunglasses you can find, along with some tin foil. Pop out the lenses of the glasses and wrap the frames in tin foil—you now have those famous minion goggles! These glasses go great with whatever denim-and-yellow combination you choose—shorts and a t-shirt, sweatshirt and jeans, even a denim skirt with a yellow sweater! Just don’t forget the suspenders with the yellow buttons, and the minion logo! (Suspenders can easily be made out of blue felt, or a cut out t-shirt!)