ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Make it Until the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

The last few weeks of school are the hardest. You’ve procrastinated all your work, you have 3 exams this week, and you haven’t started studying for finals yet. It feels like you’ll never make it and you’re drowning in all the work you have to do. If you’re struggling in these last few weeks of school this article can help you get your work done.

1. Write down everything you need to do

Making a list can be very helpful because you can visualize everything you need to do and you can prioritize your work. I like to write these lists in my planner, but do whatever works for you. You could also make a list in your phone.

2. Do a little bit of work each day

A way to not get too behind in school work is to do a little bit of work each day. I’ve done this all year and I never do homework past 7pm. It also prevents procrastination which is something all college students struggle with.

3. Keep going to class

I know it’s hard to keep going to class when school is almost done but we’re so close. Getting the information first hand is so much more beneficial to you than reading it off of a powerpoint.

4. GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE TIME

This is probably the most important tip. If you go to bed at 5am there is no way you can get up for an 8am, unless that’s normal for you. I try to go to bed around 11 or 12 every night and I still struggle to get up in the morning.

5.  Don’t wait until the last minute to study for finals

A lot of finals are cumulative so it really pays off to start studying older material a few weeks out. I would start studying now, if you haven’t already, for your final exams.

I know everything seems impossible and working at McDonalds is looking really good right now but just remember what you want to achieve. I believe in you!

Chloe Lanham is a Communication Studies major with a concentration in Public Advocacy and a minor in Journalism at UNC Charlotte. She has three cats and a yearning to serve under-represented peoples. Lanham has written for the ECU newspaper and the ECU chapter of Her Campus.