Pedro Waterfront

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

A man who’s always in the know, Pedro Waterfront keeps campus up to date on the latest events and happenings down at The Waterfront. As a self proclaimed stud and The Waterfront’s most notable employee, he’s always dressed to impress in his warm weather best. With his cool shades and sleek mustache, Pedro is an iconic figure in the Eckerd Community making him our campus celebrity of the week! If you don’t know him head down to the Wallace Boat House and do yourself a favor! 

How did you begin your career at The Waterfront?
A few years ago I found my way to Eckerd College via Aquaglide. The Waterfront staff immediately welcomed me and knew that I must be the new face of the program. Since then it has been more popular than ever.

What is your favorite part about your job?
Well, besides gettin’ money, I love to watch all of the students enjoying the events I tell them to attend. My social networking skills are unparalleled.

What is your favorite Waterfront activity?
Chasing the waterfront cat, Shadow. Shadow has wanted to be the face of the Waterfront for many years, but we both know that I am the best for the job. That cat’s jealousy is entertaining.

What is your favorite Waterfront event?
Sinko de Mayo is by far my favorite event that the waterfront hosts. I love watching the Mr. Waterfront competition and the ladies in bikinis.

What is something students don’t take advantage of at the Waterfront?
Not enough students take the reduced price course in sailing at the Waterfront. This course is so cool because it allows you to take out almost all of the boats at the Waterfront for the rest of your life!

What makes a good waterfront employee?
Someone who is personable and friendly, much like myself. They must be a hard worker and motivated to get the jobs done. The Waterfront has a zero tolerance policy for wimps.

What is your favorite sea creature?
The Hermit Crab. It’s fun to watch them eat the shrimp I feed them in the tank at the Waterfront.

If you could be stranded on an Aquaglide in Frenchman’s creek with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Renee Register. She’s a gem.

Some girls have all the fun; Devon Elizabeth Williams happens to be one of them. A carb loving, liberal hailing from Lakeville, Massachusetts, Devon is a senior at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida pursuing a  major in Political Science with a double minor in Journalism and International Relations. After spending January 2011 in an intensive Winter Term program at the United Nations in New York, Devon realized that taking over the world will be more difficult than anticipated, but nothing that a vivacious red head in stilettos can’t handle. In her free time Devon is a bartending beauty queen who has a soft spot for blueberry pie, Broadway and the scheming antics of Blair Waldorf. When she’s not paddle boarding at the waterfront or laying out on Eckerd’s private South Beach you can find Devon singing in the alto section of the concert choir. At the end of the day Devon is thankful for Newport, RI, her family, Sadie the black lab, Paul Mitchell, her girlfriends, Cheetah, and rhinestones.