This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Saturday April 4th at 5:30 pm, 8 of Eckerd’s finest men competed to be crowned Mr. Triton in a male pageant hosted by Her Campus and SAAC, Student Athlete Advisory Committee. Mr. Triton 2014 was the third annual competition as Her Campus EC and SACC revived Mr. Triton in 2012. The competition has four parts, swimwear, eveningwear, talents, and on stage question and all proceeds are donated to charity.

Through out the entire competition buckets with contestants’ names are circulating in the crowd for donations. The contestant with the most money in his bucket at the end of the competition is crowned Mr. Triton, other categorical awards are also given out by a panel of judges, Libby Shannon, Rhemy Brezin and Bill Buttner.

This year the eight contestants were Mike Geibel, Tom Houpt, Greg Reilly, James Patterson, Dom Cuppetilli, Spencer Gradley, Jack Layden, and Robert Weigel. Tom Houpt was the clear crowd favorite and crowned Mr. Triton 2014. Tom’s swimwear consisted of swim trunks topped with a coconut bra and for his talent Tom carved a watermelon while eating hotdogs. 

The judges crowned Mike Geibel Mr. Congeniality because of his happy-go-lucky attitude through out the pageant.

Robert Weigel won best swimwear with his striptease to “I’m Too Sexy”.

James Patterson was received best eveningwear after flashing the judges. 

Last but certainly not least, Rob Weigel, Spencer Gradley and Jack Layden won best talent for their choreographed dance to Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)”. 

As previously stated, all funds raised by the Mr. Triton Pageant are donated to a charity; this SAAC and Her Campus fundraised for Clothes to Kids. Clothes to Kids is committed to providing quality clothing to low income children. This year the total proceeds from the Mr. Triton competition was exactly $180, the equivalent to more than three full wardrobes for the children. SAAC and Her Campus would like to thank all the participants and donors. Gentlemen, start preparing for Mr. Triton 2015 now!

For more information on Clothes to Kids please visit their website:

http://www.clothestokids.org