This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Halloween Time is Finally Here!

Hey everyone did you feel it Sunday? The cool air is back and the hot air is gone! Only for a little while but still it is officially fall! It that also means it is the beginning of Halloween season. There is so much to do in such a short month. From fun costume parties to crazy haunted house to eating as much candy as you can, it is the best time of the year and my favorite holiday!

First you need to have a killer costume! There are many things you can do that are pretty generic like dressing up as a pumpkin, a ghost, sexy vampire or witch, but that is not fun anymore. Creativity is also the best solution and definitely the answer to your Halloween costume. Think out of the box! You can be a boxtroll and wear a cardboard box around your body and have crazy hair. Or you and your friends can be a box of crayons. If you’re a couple, devise a plan to have a cute or funny couple costume like Batman and Robin or even tacking tourist! For the scuba divers out there, wear your wetsuits and fins! Overall, just be creative, get out of the normal, and be weird!

Don’t forget the parties! Dress to impress, as well as to show up! From what I experienced last year Halloween was a three day event! A regular Halloween party on campus, Halloween itself, which the Halloween ball hosted by Palmetto Productions is on. Attend them all if you can, and if you were having trouble deciding on a costume don’t worry you’ll be able to wear them at some point this Halloween season. I also know that trick or treating off campus is pretty great. Go across the street or down the block and get some candy. You can always do that earlier in the night on Halloween and still make it back to campus in time for the party.

Prepare yourself and get in the mood! I’ve already decorated my room with some window stickers and placed little Halloween themed beanie babies from home around my room and hope to add some pumpkins! Go to the store or to a local pumpkin patch and carve some pumpkins with your friends or paint them if you don’t want to deal with the grossness. After you take the seeds out and create some awesome designs on the sides of you pumpkin, take the seeds and boil them for a later snack.

Another fun thing to do is to start making your Halloween costume or costumes. On your study breaks look up some ideas and get to work on some free time. Last but not least watch abc families 13 nights of Halloween starting October 19th at 7:00 for the showing of a classic: Casper!

So grab your roomie and spook out your room, grab your friends and create some insane costumes and if you can take a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, and head over to those haunted houses and scream!