The Dorms at Eckerd, as Told by Our Favorite TV Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Eckerd has a wide variety of dorms and a lot of different types of people that inhabit them. Based off of common conceptions about what type of people certain dorms attract, I’ve assigned popular TV characters to each complex. Find out who would live in your dorm!

Alpha—The Sandlot

If Alpha is known for anything, it’s known for housing the majority of the baseball team. That’s why I chose the team members from The Sandlot to inhabit this dorm, all grown up of course. And they’re pretty close to the baseball field too, so this placement really knocks it out of the park.

Beta—Aquamarine

Because Beta is the closest dorm to the waterfront it would only be fair to put water-lovers here, and who loves water more than Aquamarine? Aquamarine and her girls would make perfect Beta residents and would soak up the sea every chance they get.

Delta— Law & Order

Since Delta is pretty much in the center of the residential side of campus, I figured we could use some authority figures here to keep an eye on things. That’s why Olivia and Elliot from Law and Order SVU would make great Delta residents. 

Epsilon—Big Bang Theory

Being the closest dorm to the library, who better belongs in Epsilon than the characters from The Big Bang Theory? All of the physicists and scientists from the show would most definitely spend their days researching in the library or in the labs. Sorry, Penny! Looks like you’ll have to hit the pool by yourself.

Zeta— The Bachelor

With Zeta being one of the nicest dorms due to its renovation and stunning views of Zeta pond at sunset, it only makes sense that the best of the best live there. Who is the best of the best, you ask? Nick from The Bachelor and his 30 pampered women, of course. Nick would have a single room and so would Corrine (since nobody would want to room with her). But would the drama really be worth the nice dorms and the sunsets?

Kappa—That 70s Show

“Kappa kreatures” are known for being the hippies of the school and the ones that don’t care what others think. That’s why the group from That 70s Show would get along perfectly with the Kappa kreatures of Eckerd.

Nu—Friends, New Girl

Now we get to the weekend hotspot— Nu. I couldn’t settle on one group to put in the Nu apartments, so I decided on the gang from Friends and the gang from New Girl. And with this combination there will be great weekend parties without a doubt. You can count on Jess to start “the true American” game and you can count on Monica for a spotless cleanup the next day.

Sigma & West Lodge—Modern Family

Having an eclectic mix of students, Sigma and West Lodge would be perfect for an eclectic family. That’s why the families in Modern Family would be a great fit for these dorms. Here, you can always find someone who is book smart like Alex, popular like Hayley, ditsy like Luke, quirky like Phil, and loud like Gloria.

Omega—How I Met your Mother

The other party dorm, Omega, would be perfect for the crew on How I Met your Mother. Marshall and Lilly would live together and so would Barney and Robyn. And since Ted remained single for the majority of the show, he would get the single room in the middle. It sounds like a perfect living situation, just make sure Barney doesn’t hit on you on the weekends!

Alexis Giordano is a junior at Eckerd College where she is majoring in Psychology with a pre-health track. She became interested in physical rehabilitation when she experienced a neck injury as a child and is now planning on getting her masters for occupational therapy. She has gained communication and leadership skills throughout two main internships during her college career, and has developed a deep care for people. In the future, she hopes to work in the neonate intensive care unit as an occupational therapist and help parents effectively interact with their ill or premature babies while understanding the sensitivity of the situation.