lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Valentine’s Day Ideas To Be Inspired By!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Escape The Bubble

How about escaping the Durham bubble and heading to the big city to celebrate the day? Forget your deadlines and piles of reading, and explore an entirely different place. Edinburgh is a beautiful and truly romantic city; from old cobbled streets to dreamy night views, it even has a Castle to rival that of Durham!

Booking a surprise trip for your S/O could be a lovely way to express your love. Plus, a ticket is only £20 return!

Take A Romantic Walk

Taking a walk together can be incredibly romantic; strolling along the river, wrapped up in scarves and hats, arm in arm. Walks are conversation stimulators as well as being relaxing and refreshing, and the Durham views are also a major romance factor! And who knows, last year it even snowed…

Re-live Your First Date

Whether it was a romantic dinner at your favourite restaurant or a cringey movie that neither of you really enjoyed, take yourselves back to that experience. There is something incredibly poignant about re-living an exciting moment in the past; reminisce about your relationship so far and take time to appreciate the moment.

Social Media Free Day

Taking time away from Facebook and Instagram might seem like a ridiculous notion; but instead of snapping your romantic endeavours, you could really embrace and enjoy them. Switch off that phone, and focus solely on your loved one.

Duvet Day

Hide away from the hideously commercialised candy and overbearing pinkish hue which dominates this day, and spend the day cuddling your S/O. Set up some of your favourite films, bulk buy junk food, light some candles, and snuggle up. Forget your impending assignments for the day, and create a bubble of comfort for yourselves. Honestly, does going out for a fancy meal sound more appealing than that?!

20 year old from London currently on her Year Abroad in Paris. Follow me on Instagram for photos of Paris and other interesting things. https://instagram.com/charliecronin/