SPOTLIGHT ON: Kate Spade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Now that we all have some gift money from the holidays, we just have to find that perfect purchase to splurge on.  If you are like me and live in a world of bows, sparkles, bright colors, and polka dots, then a Kate Spade purse may be just the thing for you!  In this article, I will describe some of my favorite Kate Spade products, with the hopes of helping you put that extra cash to good use!

These cross-body bags are the perfect purse for a date night, trip to the mall, or stroll through the city! They are small, convenient, and will stay close to you at all times (thus, they are almost impossible to lose when tearing up the dance floor at Shooters!)

From top to bottom and left to right: Sparkler Missy, Cobble Hill Ellen (also available in black), Fanfare Missy (also available in black), Irving Place Jolie (also available in black and gray)

Next on the list…wallets!  Each season, Kate Spade comes out with new wallets, which are just as adorable and classy as the cross-body bags!  The Multi Dot Lacey and the Gold Coast Lacey are wonderful everyday wallets, as they have several card slots, a change compartment, and three separate folds for cash.  The Bow Bridge Monette is a perfect option for a dressier occasion, such as a formal or a wedding.

From left to right: Multi Dot Lacey, Bow Bridge Monette, Gold Coast Lacey

Finally we come to my favorite Kate Spade products- the handbags!  These bags are bright, colorful, and are the perfect way to jazz-up your look. 

From top to bottom: Academy Stripe Larissa (also available in black and white), Portola Valley Quinn (also available in beige and green), Quilted Signature Spade Small Harmony (also available in black)

Check out the Kate Spade website for other gorgeous and chic products!
Happy Shopping!

Photos taken from: katespade.com

Betty Liu is a senior at Duke University where she is majoring in Biomedical Engineering.  Although her main interests lie in bioengineering, she loves keeping up with the latest trends on Duke's campus. Also, she enjoys learning about new music, reading and travelling around the world. One of her life dreams is to go to all seven continents! So far, she has been to four.