This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Jeff Chen

Year: Junior

Major: Biomedical Engineering, Pre-Med track

Hometown: Pittstown, NJ

Activities on Campus: Greek Life, FAC, EWH- Engineering World Health

What was your favorite class so far?: Writing 20- Sounds of the Field. It was pretty much my only non-science or math class.

What did you do this summer?: Went to Costa Rica and Nicaragua with an EWH Duke Engage program. Worked in rural hospitals fixing medical equipment.

What was your best moment of the summer?: Volcano boarding while on Duke Engage

What is your favorite movie?: There are too many- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the American version) and Black Swan.

Who is your celebrity crush?: Natalie Portman because she’s pretty and smart. (Why he liked Black Swan!)

Embarrassing confession?: I didn’t know any names of the buildings on main quad until halfway through sophomore year–probably because I spend all my time on E-quad.

What was the best advice you’ve gotten?: Manage your time wisely and take advantage of all the opportunities you get.

What is the nerdiest thing you do?: Everything I do is nerdy! A better question would be “what’s the least nerdy thing you do?”

What was your best moment at Duke?: The UNC game two years ago.

What’s your Chinese name?: General Tso.

Let’s say you were on Spring Break in Cancun, what would you prefer: wet t-shirt contest or booty shaking contest?: There is only one real choice: babygurl thong making contest.

What vegetable would you be and why?: Butternut squash for no reason in particular.

Favourite Loyo toppings?: Cookie dough.

Duke Contributors!
Betty Liu is a senior at Duke University where she is majoring in Biomedical Engineering.  Although her main interests lie in bioengineering, she loves keeping up with the latest trends on Duke's campus. Also, she enjoys learning about new music, reading and travelling around the world. One of her life dreams is to go to all seven continents! So far, she has been to four.