This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

If you’re as excited about Fall Break as I am, then it’s probably the only thing that’s keeping you motivated through your midterms. Whether you’re excited about seeing your family, your friends from home or even just relaxing in your own bed, the anxiousness has started to kick in. Even though the idea of holing up in your room is very appealing, here are some ideas to make the most of your time at home.

1.) Apple Picking

Apple picking is a fun way to be outside enjoying the crisp, fall air. It’s easy to talk and catch up with friends while pulling fruit from the trees, and you’ll end up with a bunch of delicious apples to bake into treats.

2.) Pumpkin Picking

Pumpkin picking is another way to be outside and enjoy the weather while getting in the Halloween spirit. Later, you and your friends can carve these pumpkins into funny faces and make pumpkin pie!

3.) Shopping for Halloween Costumes

It may be hard to get to the mall while at Duke, so while you’re home, take advantage of being able to get around easily and find a cute Halloween costume! A local thrift shop or the nearest party store is sure to have an array of looks for trick-or-treating. And your friends from home can help you decide which is the best.

Don’t let the excitement of going home distract you from your midterms! Study hard and you’ll be home soon.

Images: 1 2 3