Campus Cutie: Cole Wicker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Major: CompSci or maybe CulAnth–I love people. 

Year: 2018

1. What’s the best part about being an RA on East Campus?

Probably the residents. Their joyful attitude towards school is refreshing. It’s also nice to know that they kind of respond to my constant questions. 

2. If you could lead a flash mob at any location to any song, what would it be?

Rose Tint My World from the Rocky Horror Soundtrack – honestly, I just want to lead the song like Frank-N-Furter Does.

3. What is your favorite thing about humanity?

The ability to exchange stories that collectively weave the quilt of the human experience.

4. What is your least favorite thing about humanity?

Josh Groban.

5. What is your go to relaxation spot?

Anywhere with a blue swinging bench—East or West, morning or night, doesn’t matter. When I am on one of those benches, I’m happy.

6. Where do you see your future taking you?

I see myself working with people. Whether admissions, student affairs or software design – something that has lots of face-to-face human interaction.

7. As a born and bred North Carolina resident, what’s your favorite thing to do in the state?

Personally, walking through nature at any of the many parks—beach, piedmont or mountains—is a refreshing blessing that NC offers!

8. What’s something you should do more?

Exercise – I would love to run or play racquetball more often!

9. What’s something you should do less?

Eating chocolate – I can never get enough!

10. Who, faculty/staff wise, has been the biggest influence for you at Duke?

Its hard to say, as Duke has done a great job placing amazing people around me. I would have to say, the ladies that led Duke Authenticity were my first inspiration to challenge and become a bigger part of the Duke Experience.

11. Papa John’s, Loop, Dominoes, or Enzo’s…Where do you get your pizza?

Enzo’s – it’s real pizza, the way it was intended.

12. Any pro tips to share?

Be yourself. It will be hard. You can’t always be 100% authentic, but strive for it. The respect you gain for yourself through authenticity is empowering for your human experience, as well as though around you.

13. What’s your mantra to get through midterms?

You are Mother-F***ing Cole Wicker, and you will kick these midterm’s a**es and look fierce while doing it ;)

I am a senior at Duke University studying psychology and history, and I have been writing with Her Campus since I was a freshman. Having this incredible community of empowering women to build me up when I need support and to give me an outlet when I need to vent has been one of the greatest aspects of my Duke career! I am so sad to leave them soon, but I am excited to pursue my J.D. at Georgetown in the fall!