Campus Cutie: Annabelle Vandenheste

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Annabelle Vandenheste

Year: Freshman, class of 2019

Hometown: Hong Kong, China

Major: Undecided, but leaning towards biology

1.) Why Duke?

Why not Duke? The people here are really amazing and really nice. I really like the campus as well. It’s been a really nice experience as freshmen living all together and getting to know new people.

2.) What is the first thing you notice about a guy?

The face and the eyes.

3.) What’s your ideal Saturday night?

Hanging out with friends. If I’m tired, probably staying in and doing something chill like watching a movie, or if I’m in a more excited mood, going out or just being with friends and family.

4.) What do you hope to be involved in at Duke?

I tried to take it easy this semester, but I go to zumba classes. I’m hoping to audition for a dance group next semester.

5.) What’s your favorite TV show?

I have multiple. As cheesy as it may sound, I’m a big fan of Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, 90210, and How I Met Your Mother. I’ve started Game of Thrones and a couple of others.

6.) What is your least favorite slang term that people use on the internet?

I hate when people say “lmao”, because they’re obviously not laughing their heads off that much. “Bae’ is okay if you’re joking about it, “yolo” as well.

7.) Most embarrassing memory:

My first class ever, it was at 10:05, I got there and I was just waiting at the front of the room. I was waiting and waiting and nobody was coming and I started freaking out. I was so scared, I was like “oh my god, I must be in the wrong place…” This older kid came up to me and asked me if I was okay because I was freaking out, and I was like “nobody’s coming, I must be in the wrong place” and he said “it’s okay, it happens, just email your professor” so I go on my email, and it turns out class was canceled.

8.) If you could take any celebrity on a date, who would it be and why?

Either Bradley Cooper or Ian Somerhalder, because they’re both so cute. Or someone like Obama because that would just be cool.

Priyanka is currently a student at Duke University. She was born in Berkeley, California, but grew up in Durham, North Carolina. When she's not taking pictures, she's usually designing flyers or coding. Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Vine.