This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

You may have seen Duke senior, Cassie Calvert, reporting for different games, whether it be the Duke Football Show or the Washington Wizards and Mystics. Here, Cassie talks about her experiences with broadcast journalism.

When did you first become interested in broadcast journalism?

I first became interested in broadcast journalism when I sat in on an interview with Coach K for my TV journalism class freshman year.

What is your favorite sport to report on?

Football is my favorite sport to report on (by default) because that’s all we cover for Coach Cutclife’s TV show, so that’s what I have the most experience in.

Who is your favorite team?

I’ve grown up rooting for the Carolina Panthers so I’d have to say they are my favorite football team. College is Duke of course, but NBA-wise, I’m a little biased because I got a chance to work for the Wizards this past summer and really loved everyone that’s a part of that organization.

What is the best interview you have ever done?

I think the most fun interview I’ve ever done was Stefanie Dolson at my internship this past summer. I was working for the Washington Wizards and Mystics and she’s the Mystic’s star center. She is absolutely hilarious and was always fun to talk to.

Any embarrassing or memorable moments?

A memorable moment was getting to interview Jamison Crowder and Anthony Boone’s moms last season before a game for a story I did on their relationship with each other and their impact on their sons. They were super fun to talk to and we were really pleased with how the story turned out!