This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Even though fall is soon approaching, you don’t have to pack away all your summer clothes just yet! You can continue to wear some of your summer essentials into the first few weeks of fall when you accessorize them right

1. Maxi Dresses

You can still wear the maxi dresses you bought during summer into the fall if you pair them with accessories such as denim jackets or chunky scarves. Just because it is cooling down doesn’t mean that dress season is over!

2. Slipper Shoes

If you haven’t tried these before, they’re a great alternative to regular flats. These look great with shorts during the summer for a more dressed up look and they even can carry on into the fall! Opt for a pair of slipper shoes if it’s still too warm for boots and too cold for open toed shoes!

3. Skater Skirts

A good skater skirt is a must-have item for every closet! Continue to use yours into fall by wearing it with a knit sweater or a thicker top to make it more seasonal. A well- fitted black leather skater skirt will look great in the fall, with a more casual sweater or a graphic tee for a day look and a plain black tank and jewellery for a night-time look!

4. Plaid Shirts

The end of summer doesn’t mean you have to say bye to your plaid shirts—switch in your shorts for dark fitted jeans and you have created an edgy fall look. Give your favourite plaid shirt a chic twist by layering it with leather, or matching it up with dramatic silver jewellery or accessories such as beanies!