This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

It’s summer and the livin’ is easy! Summer is my all-time favorite season for many reasons, but mostly because of the clothes. The summer wardrobe is colorful, fun and comfortable. It feels so good to finally get rid of the layers and bear your skin. Here are a few essential summer pieces that no girl can go without.

1) A sheer white blouse

There is nothing like a good sheer white blouse in the summertime. You can wear it during the day with a color undershirt/bralette and jeans, or use it as a good cover-up. Girls stress over finding the perfect beach/pool cover-up, but a white blouse is the way to go! You can do it as an oversized shirt look or tie it up and wear it with a jean skirt or shorts. It is an easy look to pull off and an even harder one to mess up. The white blouse is an essential and never goes out of style. 

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

2) Boho-style pants (aka “fun pants”)

Boho-style pants or “fun pants” as I like to call them, are an all-time summer look. You can wear them to the beach or even out at night. Most importantly, they’re super comfortable. The best part about these pants is they make your butt look really good. We all care about how it looks, don’t deny it (lol). So, buy these pants for a comfortable and cute look that emphasizes your booty. 

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

3) A good pair of jean shorts

It sounds simple, but a good pair of jean shorts can be hard to find. Jeans fit everyone differently and sometimes you can’t find the ones that sit on you right. When you find the ones that hug you in all the right places, don’t let them go. A nice pair of jean shorts are usually pricey, but they wear for a long time and look good. Splurge and get the nice jean shorts because you won’t regret it.

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

4) Day-to-night sandals

There is nothing like a piece of clothing that can transition from day to night, especially in the summertime when you run from the beach to happy hour, or from happy hour to an evening event. A perfect set of sandals is great for the summer lifestyle. A flat strappy sandal or beaded flip-flop is perfect for night and day looks. 

Image Courtesy of Pinterest 

5) Birkenstocks

A lot of people think that Birkenstocks only work with a boho/hippy look, but they can really work with anything. Birkenstocks can work with a preppy, grunge, edgy or even glam look. They are also extremely comfortable and easy to throw on when you’re running out the door. Birkenstocks come in all different colors and styles, so you can still have a unique look even when other people have the same shoes as you.

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

6) White pants

White pants are great because they look good with everything. They also look extra great when you’re tan in the summertime. Simply put, they never go out of style and you can’t get through summer without a good pair. 

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

In my opinion, it is best to keep it simple in the summer. Being tan and sunkissed makes all your clothes look twice as good, so there is no need to get complicated. These pieces will help you maintain a cute, yet minimalistic style this summer.

Born and raised in the city of Philadelphia. Currently a nursing student at Drexel University. When not writing for HerCampus or studying loves to run, read and draw.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.